instant remedy for sore throat?

Singapore, Singapore
having a terrible sore throat. throat feel so inflammed and dry........ drank lemon juice with honey last night.. not sure if it helped. maybe if i didn't drink that i would have been worse now... have been popping lozenges the whole night and the whole of this morning too.. any instant relief remedies that I can try? starting to sneeze and feel feverish too...think i am falling sick..... and i am craving for coffee badly......will coffee make my sore throat worse??? image credit: google images
@Judy890 (1633)
Definitely ginger and honey tea. I love how the ginger is so spicy and soothes my throat after drinking a cup. Feel better!
• Singapore, Singapore
ginger tea. sounds nice. ok, i shall try that out...
@hereandthere (33393)
slices of ginger in hot water, or boil it a bit. also take vitamin c.
• Singapore, Singapore
seems that ginger is a popular choice.
@zweeb82 (5713)
@XinfulThotz I am not sure whether ginger is good for the throat but I know one thing for definite - it clears a normal person's stomach of wind
• Singapore, Singapore
@zweeb82 yes, i know that for sure too..
@zweeb82 (5713)
Take high dosage of vitamin C and lots of rest. It should be viral especially with our climate here
• Singapore, Singapore
ya. the weather is terrible.........
@zweeb82 (5713)
@XinfulThotz Basically you need to have enough rest. In fact that's the best way to boost back up your immune system.
• Singapore, Singapore
@zweeb82 i am craving for coffee badly......will coffee make my sore throat worse???
@saulgoodman (2654)
• Dundee, Scotland
Hot coffee might do you some good. Shouldn't think it would make you worse. Go to bed. Stay warm. If it gets worse call a doctor.
• Singapore, Singapore
unfortunately it's a working day for me and i am in office. wish i have a bed here though.. climate in Singapore is hot. so staying warm shouldn't be a problem though..
• Dundee, Scotland
@XinfulThotz you went to work!!! Wow. I wouldn't have. Just a thought but if you have something you might spread other people might get sick too.
• Singapore, Singapore
@saulgoodman our boss wants us to crawl to work even when we are sick and almost dying... i very much want to be a considerate colleague. but boss doesn't allow that...
• New Delhi, India
I think you are suffering from viral infection... Take good rest and medication like paracetamol.. As far as sore throat is concerned gargle with warm water with apinch of salt it will help you
• Singapore, Singapore
i think it should be viral infection too.. well, will rush home after work to rest today..as for now i guess i can just keep drinking lots of water.....
• Singapore, Singapore
i am craving for coffee badly......will coffee make my sore throat worse???
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Ohh I was telling this..
You can gargle with a hot warm water mixed with vinegar and sprinkled with a little salt.
• Singapore, Singapore
will try that when i reach home tonight.. thanks
So how is your sore throat now ? I hope it's gone . Which worked well on it ?
• Singapore, Singapore
i recovered! thanks for asking. i tried ginger honey tea and gaggle with warm water and a pinch of salt.. both are good
@XinfulThotz I am glad it's fine now . I will keep that in mind , ginger honey tea with warm water and a pinch of salt .
Here the elders tend to think that drinking something like coffee may cause you to have the sore throat. I don't really believe it. If I have a sore throat and if I don't want to take any medicine, then I will try to drink more water. If I can have a good rest, this may be even better. This is the most natural way
• Singapore, Singapore
i know drinking lots of water is good. but it doesn't really give the ultimate "soothing" effect...
@Ayuriny (5176)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Can't give you any instant remedy for sore throat cause i do not know any traditional medicine for that. When i got sore throat, i always consult a doctor. He then prescribed me CTM, paracetamol, or Amoxylin. Still i need to rest a lot. You can try some recepees given by other myLotters here. Hope you get well soon!
• Singapore, Singapore
hehehe.. thanks dearie..
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Take a cetrizine
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Add some salt to glass of warm water and wash your troat from that. Definitely you will feel better
@spiderdust (7602)
• San Jose, California
Drink a mug of bone broth or bouillon. That always helps my throat more than tea.
@AkoPinay (10114)
Hot Ginger tea with lemon is effective for me but it is not advisable for pregnant and persons with heart ailment.