Baby Shower Attendance Card

@marsha32 (6693)
Jasmine wanted something that all of the guests that attended the baby shower could sign. We had talked about buying one of those extra large baby bottles, but didn't get it done. My oldest daughter, Liz, got inventive. She bought a Winnie the Pooh coloring book and had her children coloring the pictures all day on Sunday. During the baby shower she then cut them out neatly and glued them around the piece of poster board. I think it turned out great and it's something Jasmine can hang on a wall and keep. I do plan on getting some clear contact paper for her so she can cover it so it will last. More on the baby shower in future posts.......
@HazySue (21334)
What a great idea. I wish I had thought of that for my nieces shower. She did a wonderful job.
@marsha32 (6693)
I just want to laminate it for her so it will keep better.
@HazySue (21334)
@marsha32 that's a wonderful idea.
Your daughter Liz had a superb idea.
@marsha32 (6693)
Someone gave me a compliment--they said she takes after me.
That was a great idea and it turned out very nice. Covering it with clear contact paper would make it last a long time and be a great keepsake in the baby book.
@marsha32 (6693)
She wants to hang it on the wall. She just told me she might be able to move into a different house, and one that is in town, so that makes me happy.
@marsha32 That would be great!
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
That's a cool idea, and it got the kids to help, which is great.
@marsha32 (6693)
Yes, it kept the kids busy while they were working on the food and other things.
@polyxena (2576)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@marsha32 That's good :)
what a brilliant idea 'n made much more special since t'was done by the hands 'f those that love her :)
@marsha32 (6693)
She asked for something everyone could sign and I do hope she really does treasure it.
@marsha32 me, too, ms. marsha.
@MGjhaud (20740)
my nephew's 4th birthday is coming up and im thinking of doing the same thing. he'll be spending it with his classmates for the first time and he has this journal in school, maybe i could add it on there after.
@marsha32 (6693)
That would work out great. It's not anything I had ever thought about doing before.
@MGjhaud (20740)
thanks for the suggestion.
What a great idea. Winnie and the characters are so cute. Putting the clear contact paper over it to save it is a great idea.
@marsha32 (6693)
Her love of Winnie the Pooh came about years ago when her dad crocheted her an extra large one. Over the years he got worn out and he crocheted her a new one.
@marsha32 .....I got my daughter a Winnie from Sears when she was small. She had it for many years.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Your daughter is very creative! I think she did a great job and I'm sure Jasmine was happy.
@marsha32 (6693)
I know she was very pleased with everything she rec'd and very thankful as well.
I think this is so much more personal and memorable. I like it.
@marsha32 (6693)
I got some compliments on how Liz takes after me in these ways. I don't think I would have even thought it up though!
@RitzzView (2765)
So creative and beautiful card it is! :)
@marsha32 (6693)
I really like how it turned out and the guests liked it too.
@PatZAnthony (12659)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That was very clever and something we might borrow if there is a baby shower in our future.
@marsha32 (6693)
When Jasmine wanted Winnie the Pooh for the theme we didn't know how hard it would be to find Pooh items!
That is a lovely idea. The fact that she can hang it on the wall is a plus.
@marsha32 (6693)
That is what she wanted, to hang it above where Amelia will sleep.
What a great idea and wonderful keepsake of her shower
@marsha32 (6693)
Thanks...I was impressed that she thought of it.
I skipped an invite this past Sunday. I am not really close to them so I am sending a gift of a lot of diapers.
@marsha32 (6693)
One of the ladies from church got her a box of 72 newborn diapers...they sure are something that is needed! She attached a stuffed My Little Pony to the top not even knowing that my daughter loves My Little Pony and has a collection.
• New Delhi, India
Enjoy.....baby showers have there own charm
@marsha32 (6693)
One of the attendees told me yesterday that it was the funnest baby shower she's ever been too and was so glad that she came.
That is a very cute poster and one that I am sure she will cherish and put on her wall.
@marsha32 (6693)
She does plan to hang it on the wall above where the baby will sleep.
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
I love this idea! I was wishing I had kept more keepsakes like this, I could have gotten a hope chest or trunk or something to put things like this in. But I just didn't. I really have minimal memorabilia when it comes down to it. I've weeded so much out during moves. That really is a cute remembrance.
@marsha32 (6693)
I'm not sure too many people keep keepsakes like they did in yesteryear. Occasionally I run across things from when my children were young that brings back memories, but the memory items are in boxes all over the place if even still around at all.
• New Delhi, India
Wow it's adorable