Wild Boar Watches TV (Animal Story 2)

wild boar
Germany
Germany is a densely populated and highly industrialised country. But there are still forests with wild animals, namely deer and wild boar. Too many, say the farmers when a horde has ravaged a field of maize. The owners of expensive villas at the edge of woods aren't too happy either, when they find their expensively cultivated gardens dug up by the snouts of a wild sow and its young ones. Not enough, say the hobby hunters who need the animals so that they can shoot them. There are stories about animals one better reads about in the newspaper than experiences oneself. An old German couple was sitting on the sofa in their living-room watching TV. The room had a large window facing the garden. The telly was placed in a way so that the screen could be seen from there. Suddenly they heard a loud crash, the window pane splintered and a wild boar came in. It jumped onto the sofa, squeezed between the horrified people and stared at the screen. Obviously the programme wasn't to its liking. It bit the man into a finger, got up and disappeared the way it had come. --- If you're interested in other animal stories, click on the green box above the title.
We have too many wild boars here too. From now on I will close the shutters before watching the TV in the evening.
Good idea! :-)
@MALUSE The garden has a fence, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
@LadyDuck A fence is no obstacle for a wild boar!
Wild boars are a problem in Florida and some other southern states. They are extremely destructive.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Maybe I spoke too soon. Florida too? We have them on Mt. Diablo. But they're rarely seen.
@TheHorse Yes, there is a show on one of the 'off channels' all about it.
@pgntwo (21969)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
The boar got bored of the tv... I know how he felt.
No reason to bite off a finger, though.
@pgntwo (21969)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@MALUSE True. Sad but true.
How rude!
@xFiacre (4797)
@maluse perhaps the TV companies should be broadcasting better quality ptogrammes.
It shouldn't have, but that story did make me giggle!
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
It is just as well that this did not happen in England. After watching the trash on British television for 5 minutes it would have been very angry.
@Platespinner (17046)
I guess they'll either be aiming the TV in a different direction, or closing the curtains when they watch television from now on! What a tale!
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
oh dear - they should have changed the channel quick to suit the visiting boar . . . strange events?
@blitzfrick (2912)
Yes, daytime tv sucks all over the planet apparently.
Oh dear! I suppose the bite could have been avoided if perhaps a show of the wild boar's liking had been on the TV. Boars certainly are bold creatures. Sure would not want to run into one. The one in the photo does have a cute face, however.
@lbb0536 (108)
• Weifang, China
luckily ,it is just a boar that bit the man but not a wolf or tiger.
@lbb0536 (108)
• Weifang, China
and i just remember the American movie DANCE WITH WOLVES. it was presented by Kevin Costner. there was also some stories happening between the starring and the wolf in this movie.
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
I've heard they can be nasty customers. Domesticated animals have escaped in the UK and we now see to have a small population of them roaming wild
@FayeHazel (19038)
Wow, I can't imagine. No boar in this area. Sometimes deer and bear come and "explore" things. Usually not tv though
@nanette64 (17851)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh lordy @MALUSE , I have a complete visual of that one. Fortunately for me, when the wild hogs come in, my home is raised 6 feet before you see a window. I don't think they could jump that high.
That is pretty amazing. Fancy squeezing in between the people. I know a dog that hides under cushions on a couch if something scary comes on TV.
@acelawrites (12236)
That was fun (or terrifying for the couple); yes, the wild boar might not want the TV show so it bit the man's finger. It is wonderful that you still have lots of wild animals in your forests.
@LoriAMoore (4672)
I wonder what was playing on the tv? Babe? Charlotte's web? Porkies? teeheehee
@LoriAMoore Miss Piggy?
@Fleura (7194)
There are wild boar in a few parts of the UK too, and they are increasing. I quite like to think of them there, but they can be really aggressive and dangerous so I'm not too keen to actually meet any!
That must have been shocking and scary.