Double Storm Threat

@UncleJoe (8099)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
We have obviously had it way too easy, weather-wise for a long time. Folks on America’s East Coast have enjoyed as many hurricanes as we can stand. In the past, we have proven to be strong and stood our ground. In my 70 years plus on the Virginia Coast I have learned what to do and what to expect. Guess what! The “anti” has just been upped. We may get a bigger challenge than we have ever had. If you open your Google Earth, you will see a swirling little icon right above Haiti that represents Hurricane Matthew. If you click on the icon you will get graphs that display wind speed, direction, and probable path. However, there is another swirling icon NE of Matthew. This one represents Hurricane Nicole. Smaller, but still powerful. Before Nicole developed there was a good chance that Matthew would follow most storm paths and drift on out to sea. Not in this case. Nicole is pushing Matthew into the coastline. My concern is will these two storms collide? How powerful will their combined winds be. Let us all who live in SE United States keep our eyes on these storms. They may be like none we have ever experienced.
@cindiowens (3925)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I am really hoping they will not get together for a party.
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I see that it's gonna miss us but ya'll are going to get 125 mph winds.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@UncleJoe Yeah, its kind of looking like that. I hope this tin can holds up.
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@cindiowens I hope ya'll aren't in it! Don't you have someplace to go?
I wasnt watching the news in there, so missed there was a second storm brewing, did they collide?
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
No, but one influenced the other by holding it against the coastline.
@UncleJoe gotcha
@Dena91 (3619)
We are far enough inland in western NC that we'll have winds and I do hope some rain, we desparetly need it. However our prayers are with those in the eastern part of the state. SC schools are closed and manitory evacuations go into effect tomorrow. Prayers for your and your area as well.
@UncleJoe (8099)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thank you. We are doing a lot of "beseeching" as well.
My understanding is that Nicole is no threat to the US
@Teep11 (6446)
Florida has endured many storms. We're familiar with preparations. Prayer continues to go out and up! Be blessed.
@crossbones27 (14890)
• Redlands, California
That would be bad. Hopefully Nicole and Matthew do not mate so to speak.
@kellyr634 (429)
Matthew is strong enough on it's own. Hope everyone is prepared for it! Hopefully Nicole stays away!
@Platespinner (18091)
Shame on Nicole, pushing Matthew to do something he wouldn't otherwise have done. And shame on Matthew for letting her push him around! Stay safe!
• Portland, Connecticut
I am wondering just how bad it will get, I need to check out how far the storm is going inland in Florida.
@1creekgirl (8367)
May God have mercy on us all.
I hope that doesn't happen. I will be praying for all of our safety. God is in control. =)
@AutumnSnow (4625)
I"ve been hearing a lot about Matthew this is the first I knew about hurricane Nicole I hope that everyone in the storms path stays safe.