Have You Ever Been to a Homecoming Dance?

Picture by Pixabay
My 15-year old grandson is going to his high school’s Homecoming Dance tonight. It will be his FIRST “date,” I guess, but he is meeting her there. He doesn’t have his driver’s license yet. This photo is from Pixabay. It's not my grandson. There is a Homecoming football game also, but it may be cancelled because of the rain coming in tonight from Hurricane Matthew. Several of my family, were planning to go to the game. My daughter wanted me to go too, but I’m really not interested. If the game is played, it will be cold outside and I’m not interested in sitting on cold bleacher seats for two hours. I remember going to Homecoming dances and Homecoming football games when I was a teen-ager. It’s still a BIG DEAL, I guess. A “right of passage” I guess, for all teenagers. Sort of like the PROM. Have you ever been to a Homecoming Dance?
@teenspirit (1611)
• Israel
no...but it sounds grate
I hope they have a good time tomorrow night. I was confused. The game was tonight, but the dance is tomorrow night.
We didn't have these when I was going to school but we did have debutante balls although I didn't become a debutante. I'm sure your grandson will have a great time.
The game was tonight. The dance is tomorrow night. I was confused. So, they went to the game. No rain, which surprised me. I still haven't heard who won the football game. They got in late. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
I´ve never been to one and when I was a teen I thought that boys around my age were small kids. I married a man almost 7 years my senior and never regreted it.
Sometimes its best for a woman to marry an older man. My husband was 5 days older than me. But, we stayed together.
@jennyjoy (2030)
• Bangalore, India
We don't have Homecoming or Prom here we have Graduation.Your grandson is sure to have a lovely time.
I hope they have a good time. I don't think he knows how to dance however.
@jennyjoy (2030)
• Bangalore, India
@IreneVincent Ha! He's at that age where dancing is embarrassing.
@jennyjoy Yes, I'm sure you are correct. I remember my sons and my daughter going to dances.