Just "Say No You Know T he 'word "Spelled No

Garden Grove, California
Darn I fell asleep and somehow I lost a wholke post even done to the graphic as I was ready to hit post./ So many of us cannot say "No I cannot do that " when for whatever reasom we really can fo that. We need to have the self esteem that lets us say "Sorry bit I really cannot do that." We are not being mean at all.we are being honest and we do matter. No is a two letter word easy tp pronunce so why cannot we use it? your take mylotters? One original post and graphic by P Hatley copyrighted 2016
• Lenox, Georgia
I have a hard time saying no at times. I tend to feel bad usually.
I did have til I found some did not ppreciate my help and 'I learned I had a right to say no at times.
My take on this Patsie, is that I have no problem saying NO. However, my sister hardly say NO and ends up in situations that I would not want to be in.
thats why I learned to say no as I realized I was being used
@Hatley And you did a wise thing, we have to protect ourselves from people who want to take advantage of us all the time.
Yes, no means no.
I had always just helped without pause but thgen foimd myself being asked for favors when I reallyu did not want t o do that.I found' thjat I could sa y no and nobody gpt mad at me at all.
I use to tell my kids no in stores and people would give me a dirty look. No is not a bad word.
@jstory07 I have seen parents say no to their kids and the kids throw a temper tantrum! That is when i see people giving the parent a dirty look. I agree some things kids want that are not good for them, maybe too of or full of sugar or maybe the parent just can't afford to pay a huge amount of money for something silly. I agree No is not a bad word! I never had to say it in a store as my "child" is my hamster, Marty I buy him his favorite treat every time i go to Wal-mart, and he is content! I was never one to ask my parents for things in stores i never wanted much!
@Marty1 one thing moms who say no usuially have well behaved kids whole the moms who never say no raise some brats.
@Hatley I agree with you totally, I adore my Nephew and wouldn't trade him for anybody in the world, but he can be a brat at times. He wants everything he sees, and the thing is my sister says if you can pay for it and he can! He always has money, and he is a little entrepreneur as he and a friend were going to sell mazes to girls at school the fiend's mother found out and put a stop that little plot to make money! I was cheap when i was a kid and cheap now, so that is why i never asked for anything didn't want my parents to have to pay for it!
I agree. When I say no it is no. I donĀ“t care if they call me a witch.
I have learned that if I do not want to do I can say no and nothing bad will happen
• Eugene, Oregon
I rarely have trouble saying no, as I just did yeterday to that shoe store job.
I leaned to say no also to some jobs t hat I felt I either was not qualfied or they did nmot pay pr I just plain dislilked the work
• Eugene, Oregon
@Hatley You have to do that for yourself.
Yes, we often say we can't, but what we really mean is we care not to try.
I do not say no If its somethimg that i have time to do but some p[eople just let me do what they c ould have done easier for 'themselves."We have a right not to do sometjomg just because we were asled/
@Hatley So true!
@Corbin5 I do so agree
@jennyjoy (1966)
• Bangalore, India
Saying no to my children is one thing but saying no to others is difficult.
@jennyjoy (1966)
• Bangalore, India
@Hatley Saying No is okay.
@jennyjoy (1966)
• Bangalore, India
@Hatley It's okay to say No,it's better than saying yes and the not following through.
@peavey (16876)
I am learning that. It's a hard lesson, too
yes it was for me as I did not want anyone to be mad at me lol
@peavey (16876)
@Hatley I understand that.
@bunnybon7 (37984)
• Holiday, Florida
you sure are right. I should have said it so many times and look at what we usually get for our kindness. sometimes just bad results like with my getting Marissa on here
I know Marissa sonds a bit like a lady dog if you catch my meaning lol
@bunnybon7 (37984)
• Holiday, Florida
@Hatley i do. my daughter said something along those lines before they moved in but i defended her no knowing how she would turn on me.
• Uzbekistan
I've never had problems saying NO.
thats great as it means you have great self esteem ML
@teenspirit (1611)
• Israel
wonderful disscusion...very smart one=)
thanks lini glad you enjouyved it we all need to be able to say no when we need to
@kuloboyo (75)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
just say no, i think thats not big deal for you,, right ? :)
,y not always as sometimes I want to say yes to frie nds but I have other calls on my time that have to come first so y es at times its very hard to say no Im not the mean person you soundlike you think I am
The topic initially gave me the thought that this is some kind of tongue twister. At the end, it seems a serious thought. Saying 'No' depends upon situations and we need to adapt accordingly. We shouldn't believe in doing things all the time and therefore its safe to remain 'No'.
you have it it all depends on the situatiion
We do need to honor our own value and say NO when it is something we really do not want to do for whatever reason.
thats it you said it better than I cou ld we must have some self esteem
@zebra2222 (5198)
There are times when no is the best thing to say.
thats it there are times when people have to accept that you cannot do what they ask of you
• Walnut Creek, California
Sometimes I say no to myself when I should have said yes.
oj yes I have been there too when I told myself oh y ou cannot do that job them I realized the interviewer was telloig me I was hired for a job ihe library and I loved iot so much I worked tjere fpr 23 years lol
@AutumnSnow (4582)
Yes, no is an easy word to say but yet so difficult. I know I do have a hard time saying no when I really should.
I d id too till I realized the y were not angry with me amd accepted my no.
@amnabas (10553)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I just can't say it I don't have any reason for this.
I always have a reason or I would not say no but I used to forget my reasons and just help even if I really couild not
Indeed , sometimes it is difficult to say No . But then , thankfully , i always succesfully say no when it is what should be id .