Having computer problems after the anniversary update

@kevin1877uk (36141)
Having computer problems after the anniversary update Microsoft, when will they learn. Windows 8 was bad, Windows 8.1 was better, Windows 10 was good never had a problem with it until the latest anniversary update of windows. If my laptop goes to sleep or I close down I have problems in getting it back on and working. I just have to keep trying and then it kicks into life. It appears that many people are having issues with the latest windows update, some people can’t even get into their computers. I’m just hoping Microsoft can sort out the problem the latest update quickly, are you having problems after the latest update which has been rolling out to some 350 million computers since August. I had the update on Monday and my laptop not been the same since.
@akalinus (12445)
Windows 8.1 was better. I wish I had XP back. When they find something that works, it seems they take it away and force something else on you. I am getting to not like MS or Windows.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Yes XP was the best but it couldn't do what we can do to days software. I loved XP and it took me a good few years before I upgraded.
@EddieHands (33088)
@akalinus yes this is why I didn't do the free upgrade even though they begged me to get it. Windows ten spies on people. Plus it's so unstable.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@EddieHands Maybe if you have offered you cash lol. My Windows 10 had been trouble free until the last update.
@EddieHands (33088)
And this is why I only use Linux on PC, and Windows 7. Also Droid on phone lol . I hate windows they are so buggy, and so much viruses
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Good idea, I was thinking of maybe going to Linux
@EddieHands (33088)
@kevin1877uk Linux is great for business. and working online and banking. Windows is more streaming Netflix, video games, skype chat etc. But I wouldn't use it for anything important.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@EddieHands I know my son does use Linux on his laptop and he thinking it's way better than Windows
@Asylum (47332)
• Manchester, England
So far I have experienced no problems from the update.
@Asylum (47332)
• Manchester, England
@kevin1877uk All software acts differently from machine to machine because there is a cast variety of combinations between software and hardware. This is the reason that months of testing takes place before any new operating system is released.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@Asylum That is true, there is many thousands of hours spend testing.
@Asylum (47332)
• Manchester, England
@kevin1877uk Yes they find fools like me who are willing to use the very early builds.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
After the update my computer became unresponsive and I was forced to use the switch to restart it, but fortunately I've had no problems since. I hope your computer comes right soon.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
How did you switch back, I read about doing a "hard restart" to get into taking it back, but I wouldn't want to make things worse seeing nowadays I only have a laptop, I really need a backup computer just in case every on my laptop goes south.
@Gina145 (4094)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@kevin1877uk I didn't switch back, just switched the computer off and on again and hoped for the best. I had no choice because nothing I did was getting any response at all. My backup (netbook) computer is so old and slow that it's no use for anything any more, so I'm in the same boat as you are. If I'm really desperate I could use my Kindle to go online but that's not an option I'd like to use. I need to type on a keyboard, not a screen.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@Gina145 We both need a backup computer, I can get online with my phone, but it's not the same, my new is better, though.
@5thHouse (1703)
• Sheffield, England
My friend was talking about this the other day. She'd been having problems since she did a very long update.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
It's a nightmare, hoping that come up with a fix soon because for me it's annoying never knowing how long it will be before I can use my laptop.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm still using Windows 7 and I'm not about to change.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Cool idea, my laptop came with Windows 8 which I hated, 8.1 was better when it update to that. Windows was way better, now they have gone backwards, yet again.
I have a desktop but no problems I have w iondows ten and am on time warner cable s o its fast and too ezxpernsived too
@kevin1877uk (36141)
I have windows 10 too and very fast internet, 300Mb's
I have not had problems yet with Windows 10, but it sure has to be frustrating for users who have had problems. I,too, hope Microsoft fixes the problem.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Me too, it's annoying and it seems the problems are widespread which it affecting different machines in different ways.
@KristenH (20495)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sorry to hear about this. I'm glad I have Apple, though Mac Mail is being a pain with the password box. I hope things are all sorted out soon for you.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Me too Kristen it's annoying when I start up my laptop, take me forever.
@KristenH (20495)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@kevin1877uk I know the feeling. Hang in there.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@KristenH I will do, thanks :)
so far so good here, but I do hope I can avoid this until they get it fixed
@kevin1877uk (36141)
FINgers crossed for you.
@miniam (9303)
• Bern, Switzerland
Sorry to hear that,l have windows 8 and very happy with it
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Maybe best to stick with windows 8 with the last update to windows 10
I don't have that update buta few days ago I could not sign on.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Oh no, I reaad about people who couldn't sign in, how did you get around it and able to sign in?
@shivamani10 (10790)
• Hyderabad, India
Who is at loss now? Is Microsoft or the Consumer? I want to sue Microsoft for their defective product being market with many features which actually it dows not have. Moreover,, spoiling the performance of our systems.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Very good question, I would say both, many people can't use their computer or it takes forever to get you computer to work, like me. People will lose confidence in Microsoft again just after rebuilding the confidence after windows 8 disaster
@mrblake (68)
• Jetersville, Virginia
microsoft will come out with a fix it is some files that have been updated with the update. You might be able to either uninstall the update or do a system restore to get back to when it was working fine and when the fix comes out you can always reinstall the update and the fix and you should be good. I work on computers and fix problems like that but I am not a windows 10 guy so I must say that I am not sure but that should work for you.