The End of Microsoft and Windows ?

@EddieHands (35476)
So is the end of Microsoft and Windows coming? I heard after their latest Windows 10 update it has problems. One article I read online said it could be the companies undoing? Does this mean Apple, Linux, Google Chromebook, are taking over the markets now ?
@AutumnSnow (4593)
I doubt that mcrosoft and windows will end but Im sure there are others that are becoming more popular. I guess only time will tell.
@EddieHands (35476)
Yes only time well will. I must consult the ouija board to know for sure.
• Dundee, Scotland
When we see what android and apple phones can do its no wonder Microsoft invested quite heavily in windows phones
@saulgoodman (2661)
• Dundee, Scotland
Pr obably not. I think they are still in a very strong position and it would not surprise me if they come up with something out of this world for Windows 11. Android is making progress. I have become an Android convert over the last few years and it is absolutely amazing what we can do now with an android phone. I think the droid phone now really is a computer in your pocket and so much more.
@EddieHands (35476)
Yeah I have never had a smart phone. The Droid I got this year does feel like a real computer in my pocket. It took me a while to get used to it. But it does work quite well. I enjoy making ringtones for it the most lol
• Dundee, Scotland
@EddieHands I use it for everything. I buy a package with 500 minutes and 300 texts every month and they give me all the internet I can use for free. I use it as a WiFi router and hotspot to connect to my telly. It does everything my last laptop could do that I wanted it to. I don't need s home phone line anymore. I don't pay subsciptions for any movies or sports. There's an app that's a media centre that does it all for free. II wouldn't go back to home broadband aagain.
@EddieHands (35476)
@saulgoodman Wow maybe I should get the unlimited plan on my phone! I have broadband unlimited. But on the phones we have limited data. Not sure how much we have overall.
@iridion9 (2433)
I don't think so. Microsoft product is some way is still better than open source.
@EddieHands (35476)
Oh yes ? Do you think it's a safe and secure system?
@iridion9 (2433)
@EddieHands I think it's safer because the codes are hidden/private. and also they have update feature and patches. By the way are you a programmer too?
@iridion9 (2433)
When it comes to quality, Microsoft has the advantage. Because their programmers are well paid. For open source programmers there are no salary so programmers is some how discourage. By the way I'm a programmer too, so I know the feeling of it.
@EddieHands (35476)
Oh yeah ? what do you program? video games or OS systems? I want to get into video game creation.. and programming
@iridion9 (2433)
@EddieHands I make websites. I use CodeIgniter. Are you the same wise Wizard in CodeIgniter forum? Because you have the same username in that forum.
@iridion9 (2433)
@EddieHands For games better start studying Android Studio. But before that be sure your computer BIOS supports VT (Virtual Technology). For 3D games Unity 3D is the language. For OS (Operating Systems) C++ or C# Right now I want to specialize API's because only few programmers give attention to this.
@rina110383 (24224)
I never had problems with Windows 10. Been using it for a year now.
@EddieHands (35476)
Kitty I am glad it works nice for you! Did you try to tell it to play music and what song to play? meow!
@rina110383 (24224)
@EddieHands No, because I can't hear anything from this lappy except if I use skype. I don't know why.
@Deepizzaguy (9030)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It looks like some companies are having trouble staying on top of their markets like Microsoft and Windows.
Microsoft has gotten slipshod quality in its greed,
@EddieHands (35476)
Yes their greed might be their downfall.
@shivamani10 (11156)
• Hyderabad, India
windows 10 totally problematic .I have seen it. Totally worst. I was asked to upgrade my memory from 2Gb to 4GB. for which there is no provision in my Laptop as it pertains to the year 2007-08. This makes the system slow. Totally confusing.
@EddieHands (35476)
Yeah I did not upgrade even though they begged me. They just want to spy on me. And make money off me. But really Windows 7 is awesome. I will use it until it;s no longer supported.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Somehow I doubt Microsoft will let that happen.
@EddieHands (35476)
Oh yeah? I will wait and see. I wouldn't mind if they left. I get so annoyed with their OS systems.