What's the difference between KFC and McDonald's?

KFC and McDonald's
Guangzhou, China
Although they sell similar food, but here these two fastfood restaurants still have some difference. KFC has more Chinese food at first. And now McDonald's also has this change. They provide some rice as the fastfood meal and it is delicious in my opinion.
When they are in China they should have rice since it is your staple food.
But the rice food comes very late, hard to believe
@yukimori (8711)
@youless It really is. You'd think that a chain would focus on tailoring their menu to the locals' tastes, but that's not always the case.
@yukimori Perhaps at first they wanted to stick on their western fastfood style.
@XinfulThotz (4203)
• Singapore, Singapore
hmm...i realise that for both McDonald and KFC, their menus are slightly different in different countries. Guess the localize their menu to increase clientele.
I went to the McDonald's in Singapore. I found the difference is that in Singapore they offer the ketchup on a table and the customers go to get it by themselves. Here the sales will give you litlte packet of ketchup when you order the French fries.
• Singapore, Singapore
@youless maybe because otherwise some may ask for a lot of packets and bring home? or perhaps because some like to use a lot of sauce and it would be a hassle to keep serving them so might as well let the customers self-service.
@XinfulThotz I think today few people will ask for more packets to bring home
@yukimori (8711)
I always love hearing about how different fast food chains are in other countries. Here in the U.S. KFC doesn't serve anything remotely resembling Chinese food. The menu has baked and fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, and coleslaw among other things. McDonald's serves mostly burgers and fries, some chicken and fish sandwiches, and a few lighter things like salads. Rice isn't something we can get there--that's something that we'd get from Panda Express, which serves fast American-Chinese food, or Chipotle, which is Mexican-inspired.
It is interesting to know how it is in USA. I heard that in India they sell vegetable and chicken hambergers only? I don't know whether this is true or not. Perhaps we shall wait for an Indian Mylotter to answer this
@yukimori (8711)
@youless It's true, based on religious beliefs. I can't remember if killing cattle/eating beef is actually illegal in India, but cows are considered a sacred animal in Hinduism and may not be killed according to the religion.
@yukimori I can understand that they regard the cattle as the sacred animal. But I can't understand the mice have the same treatment.
Does KFC have Chinese food ? May be in your country, I have never seen Chinese food in the KFC around the United States.
Yes, long time ago KFC already provided some Chinese food
@youless Well, they do not sell Italian food in Italy.
@LadyDuck In fact there are already many great food in Italy and it is hard for KFC and McDonald's to survive there
@EddieHands (35480)
Oh wow they have chinese food there at KFC? here is the US the only difference between KFC and McDonald's is which one makes me fatter and kills me faster!
Then what is your conclusion at last?
@EddieHands (35480)
@youless I think KFC is worst for me because it's all fried.
• Singapore, Singapore
@EddieHands I went to a few different countries... and I realise that for both, their menus are slightly different in different countries.
@ms1864 (6949)
• Bangalore, India
In India KFC does not provide many vegetarian options so KFC is more for only non-veg people. The brand is all about chicken...so it is understandable. But in a population with as many vegetarians as we have...they miss out on a lot of customers. ....Which McDonald's cashes in on.
This is something I don't know before. And this makes KFC and McDonald's much more different than those in other countries.