How to avoid a conversation?

@Ayuriny (5177)
Denpasar, Indonesia
As I enter the school gate, as usual a man whom I know is one of my student's daddy comes approaching me. He asks many things about his son : how does he get along with his classmates, how much is his progress, and many other things. What i don't like about him is that i think he's stubborn, and rather talkative. He just does too much. This really annoys me sometimes. How can I do to avoid a conversation with him? Please let me know your thoughts. ....
I could not see you avoiding a parent that clearly wants info on his son. Had he been lacking in that concern of his son he would be the topic of a different conversation. I would sit him down and let it all out. There are kids with parents that could care less.
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
I think he cares his son too much. He always wants to know his DAILY son's progress. And another thing that makes him more annoying is that he likes to talk that about everything and I often find hard to stop him. He's just like preaching. ....Lol
@princemaxp (2051)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
Or maybe he likes you......just a thought you know
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
No, that's impossible.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@Ayuriny how are you so sure ????
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@princemaxp He's got a wife.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
You could be casually honest...like..real progress in children takes time and there isn't much to update about everyday. Or you could apologize and say you have some work to attend to so you can't talk now.
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Lol. ....It's not that easy, Manisha. He's such a stubborn person. I've ever told him that I had some work to do. But in the next day, he would ask me again and again.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
His kid had other teachers besides you right?
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@ms1864 There's a teacher assistant beside me, but he seems to believe on my explanation only.
Here the parents can't go to the school directly unless the teachers "invite" you. There is a guard stands in front of the school gate all the time. And when we are invited by the teachers, usually it will not be something good. In your case, I guess you may be a teacher. I can understand that parents always hope to know more about their children's situation in school. Some parents may be more active to know it, some who like me are quiet Our teachers will sometimes send messages to the parents, such as the test results, some reminds etc. You can also try it. Like setting a group online and sometimes say the situation in your class or post photos there. This is how our teachers do here.
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Similar here. But this guy seems not to notice to rules. Setting a group online seems to be good to try! I'll give it a try for sure. Thanks.
@XinfulThotz (4187)
• Singapore, Singapore
I will take out my mobile phone and pretend to be on the phone and walk pass him as quickly as possible as though in a rush for time as well.. he was "approaching" you right? Not "approached" right?
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Hahaha... I'll pretend to be a super busy woman every morning!
@Judy890 (1633)
I don't think it's right for a parent to constantly ask about a child progress because the teacher might be busy. I believe they have parent teacher conferences for a reason. That's when teachers have time to talk one on one with the parents about Their child. I would suggest you tell that parent that he needs to schedule a time to speak with you.
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Yes, that is true. Ok, Judy, that's a good idea , and I'll start to apply it tomorrow (if he asks me again about his son).
You can just simply ask for an apology that it is not the right time to talk about this concern. You can offer your free time
@Ayuriny (5177)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Yeah, I'll try that one.