Dang dog!

@ElicBxn (60044)
So, Zoe is 15 and a half. She is also deaf and crippled. I mean, she came to us with a bad leg in 2002, but now her back legs are giving out too. So, between the time I put her out in the morning, right now the roomie can't do anything that requires leaning over or lifting, and the time it is to bring her back inside, she makes it from the back door to the back side of the blue shed. But some how she can't make it back to the back door again. So, I end up having to go out and get her. Now, I can't lift her because of my own problems, but I can lean over and get her up on her feet. But she won't stay on her feet. I end up having to lean over and pull her by her collar back to the door. I really think its her time, because neither of us can take care of her anymore and she isn't that happy... Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait a while longer...
@sallypup (20660)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Poor baby dog. She is suffering. You can't release her? I don't mean to be cruel to you. It just sounds like a mercy call is due.
@ElicBxn (60044)
I thought the same thing last summer, but my vet didn't want to do it then. Another thing, she's officially my roommate's dog.
@sallypup (20660)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@ElicBxn Can your vet and have a long talk with the roommate??
@ElicBxn (60044)
@sallypup oh - the roomie knows it needs to be done, but its hard... and we'd have to pay for her cremation since neither of us are able to dig a hole for a cat, much less a dog her size - 35 lbs...
Poor dog, do not let her suffer, she is old, her time has come. Talk with a vet who accepts to take care of this.
@ElicBxn (60044)
I know, I think if I took her in on a different day, since we would have to pay for her cremation and they don't have a lot of "storage" for bodies... Used to be we were able to bury the critters, but neither of us are up to that now... And it isn't reasonable to ask our young man friend to dig the hole, although he probably would do it.
@ElicBxn (60044)
Tomorrow, today it was obvious that she isn't able to get around anymore.
o thats got to be so hard b ut she could be suffering too But perhaps she will ' naturally gived out and you will bespared the decision so hard I know
@ElicBxn (60044)
I'm pretty sure she is, but my vet wouldn't do it last spring/early summer. Maybe now she will, I don't know.
@iridion9 (2306)
Just pray for that dog to die peacefully.
@ElicBxn (60044)
Thanks, I suspect that the old gal is too stubborn to die without some help.
@jennyjoy (2030)
• Bangalore, India
This was sad reading.Can't you have her put to sleep.She must be suffering.Plus your having a tough time too.
@ElicBxn (60044)
I suspect this is coming, but I have to time it. However, once the old gal is outside, she gets around the yard some how. Last 3 days I had to go behind one of the sheds to get her for the night.
@jennyjoy (2030)
• Bangalore, India
@ElicBxn Poor doggie.She may be finding that particular place cosy.
@ElicBxn (60044)
@jennyjoy I don't know. Today, however, she couldn't even move 5 feet and was stuck unable to get up. It is time, I'll be taking her to the vet tomorrow since they don't' have "storage" for bodies so it has to be before the crematorium picks up for the day.