Do you think smoker should be punished?

smokers
Some of my smoker friends ranting for finding a smoking area today. They were so incomprehensible in terms of controlling oneself for not to smoke. They are becoming so inconsiderate to second-hand smokers. If there will be no punishment, then how are we going to save mother earth. It adds up to air pollution in the first place. I think it is better to have punishment to practice self-discipline for the smokers. Image Credit: pixabay.com
Really, you need to lighten up. Are you punished for your bad habits? No, only natural consequences. I haven't smoked in 45 years so I'm not defending myself. Earth isn't being harmed by smokers. Trust me.
I guess it can only harm non-smokers then.
@Shavkat No one really has to breathe second hand smoke unless they are being stubborn. Everyone has two feet that can walk away. Children who have parents inconsiderate enough to smoke around them probably have worse problems than second hand smoke with parents like that.
@Jeanniemaries That's the worst thing for parents to do with their children.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
This is a rather extreme view and totally unjustified. If you interested in saving the Earth then start by targetting something that has a great effect on the planet, such as vehicles.
Well, it can never leave out that particular issue of vehicles combustion. For the little way, we can do it. The government can take its role of imposing strict rules for a good condition of vehicles before using it.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
@Shavkat Many governments quite happy to keep on polluting the atmosphere with exhaust fumes.
They should if they do not follow the rules. But if there are no rules at the location then I guess they win. If only they cared about people and their surroundings as 2nd hand smoke is no good!
I hope they will realize my point in affecting others because of smoking.
@Shavkat Yeah hopefully people will have common courtesy.
Here if you smoke in the restaurants and something like that indoors, then you will be punished. But some people still ignore this rule and they keep smoking. This is very annoying because they think it is too difficult to punish them. I think the smokers shall be considerate and smoke outside. This is the basic manner.
I had noticed that some people are really inconsiderate.
• Eugene, Oregon
Smoking is very restricted where I live and I am glad. No smoking in bars, taverns, restaurants, work places, and now no smoking in parks.
That's a good place to stay. Unfortunately, the places that you had mentioned allow the smokers to smoke. It would be nice to let the government make a strict rules on regards to this concern.
@amnabas (10283)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I hate smokers too yes they should be punished.
I think they should be punished especially if being caught in non-smoking areas.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
There needs to be some effective way to make the smokers withdraw from all that nicotine...
I agree. The sad thing, there is no facility to cater smokers to stop smoking. They can just have the strong will to stop with their conventional ways.
Before people waste time with making up punishments for smokers. They need to fight and get the smokes banned from retail stores. That would help you in the long run and help others.
People get cancer because of second hand smoke. I would either cover my mouth or not breathe.
That's what I do if they smoke. If it is possible, I will just have a short distance away from them.
Well, if they are putting the health of others in danger, then those who do so by smoking around people who are nearby, then perhaps a fine of some sort would be appropriate.
I agree. Sometimes because of having nicotine addiction, they don't care. Strict rules for smoking in non-smoking areas.