Who Signed Up as a Freelancer?

freelancer
Austin, Texas
Always looking for a means of earning income from home. A while back, signed up at a site called Freelancer.com. Recently updated my profile there and am now receiving eMail alerts for work at home opportunities. Either the pay being offered to complete the task is not enough and/or the tasks are not something that interest me. Basically there are companies or individuals hiring people to either write articles, create spreadsheets for information and data analysis, etc. Planning to try an employment opportunity to see if it works out for me. Has anybody ever tried this service to find freelance work? If so, please share your experience.
@Ronrybs (7302)
• London, England
I heard it mentioned a few years ago, but as I'd heard nothign since I assumed it had folded. Now I shall have to go and have a nose!
• Austin, Texas
It's still there and it has a lot of work listings.
@skysnap (17822)
I have signed up on the site but not much actively used. :)
• Austin, Texas
Your experience sounds like my experience. Some of the job alerts I'm getting look like something I can do but the payment is not in US dollars.
@ms1864 (6995)
• Bangalore, India
yeah ...i have tried it...it is not the best site to get genuine work. Some job listings are not even legit. I have given up on that site. Though i guess some people have paid a premium and gotten a certain amount of rating in stars...those people say they get jobs on there.
• Austin, Texas
I'm on the free plan. Guess maybe those with the upgrade have more success. But thanks for sharing your experience.
• New Delhi, India
Yes,I have tried it....and has proved useless till date
• Austin, Texas
Thanks for your feedback.
@thelme55 (14014)
No, I have not join Freelancer. This is the first time I heard about this site.
• Austin, Texas
Like I said. Signed up, dropped off their radar, updated my profile and thought might be worth a try. Signed up as an affiliate also.