Learning new Things

@Inlemay (16729)
South Africa
Converting a TIFF document to a PDF is what I had to learn today. Well they say one is never too old to learn, however I struggled and I kept on turning the document into some or other strange DOS Space Jargon until my son arrived and assisted me. Thank goodness for one in the family that has Brilliant computer sense! Google tells you how to do it, but they dont have any picture demonstrations that help! Oh I sure felt my age today. (past tense . . I am back to being young again tonight) ha ha Hello everyone!
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
TIFF has been around for quite some time, but is not as commonly seen as formats like GIF or JPEG. It is a lossless compression format, which means that you can store images in small files without losing quality. I cannot imagine why you would want to convert TIFF into PDF.
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
I had to - only a PDF is permitted at the TAX MAN
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay Ah, so I expect that the TIFF file was created by a scanner.
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
@Asylum probably - My hubby sent me a big NOTICE to put in my draw of how to convert them - but this was a random ONCE I hope
Those kids of ours sure do come in handy!!! Yes, a picture demonstration would have had you doing what you needed to to in no time flat, perhaps!!! Our son comes over and helps us too with any technology. Whew!
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
They are a blessing most times and then they want food in return - ha ha ha - a good price to pay for their expertise
@Rohvannyn (3118)
I'm glad somebody was around to help! I love my art program. I just open the TIFF, hit "export as," type ".pdf" on the end of the file name, and it does the rest.
I didnt know a TIFF was a thing, lol
@Platespinner (17046)
I find computer problems of that nature are very good at making me feel dumb! Thankfully I have children that seem to have a knack for the digital gymnastics that are such a big part of our world these days!
@ourlot (994)
That's what they say. If you want to know something about computers ask a teenager.