A Big Cat's In Town

Boise, Idaho
About 7a. yesterday morning a woman was out walking her dog in the southwestern area of Boise and saw a cougar. She backed away and called a friend who came and got her. Authorities are still looking for the cat. Several years ago a lady had her two small dogs in her backyard and a cougar came in and got one of them. One older lady spoke on camera and explained just how I think about this issue. We are moving into their territory. They have to eat. We need to be more respectful of their feeding areas. If they find the animal they had better not kill it. It is not the animal's fault. It's man's. Shoot it with a sedative and then take it further out some where. That is the humane thing to do. Not kill it.
Humans always trespass on and in areas that do not belong to them. Great post.
@crossbones27 (13622)
• Redlands, California
Agreed, they will probably say they will try to tranquilize it, but will shoot it if they have no other choice. So expect the latter. I am not sure why it usually turns out that way, maybe people just like to kill things.
It is disgusting. Hope they do the right thing.
I agree. That is the humane thing to do.
@sugartoes (31302)
• Greencastle, Indiana
AMEN I hear ya I have to agree with you on that for REAL! ! !
I hope and pray they don't make it to NY.
Doubtful. They are beautiful animals.
• Eugene, Oregon
I agree. They were there first.
@EddieHands (30983)
Meow I was the cat ! I am looking for the fish.
I agree whole heartedly just sedate the animall In the tustin hills ther was lots of wild cats. cougars and deer and peopl;e kept building homes in the hills til theres not much' left of their habitat. two women met a cougar on a walk up into the hills and the one woman starte to run but her friend kbocked her dcown then shot at the couga missiong on purpose and the animal ran off ionto thehigher hjills. tjhe woman with the gum was a police officer off duty with her friend. the friend was not badly hurt.
Glad of that. People are dumb when it comes to wild animals.
@Hatley .......Upset because her peace officer friend did not kill the animal?
@celticeagle yes not grateful not to be torn to shreds
@hora_fugit (5396)
Cougars love dogs.
Munchy little snacks.
@celticeagle Uhhhmm.... yes... ok.
I do hope they can catch and release further out
I haven't heard any more on it. I don't think they found it.
@sueznewz2 (8771)
• Alicante, Spain
I hope so too... like you say, man is encroaching on the animal lands... I hope it is found without any loss of life animal or human...
Me too! Sure hope so.
@nanette64 (11979)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yes it is man's fault @celticeagle . We keep taking their habitat away; what are they supposed to do! It makes me maddern' hell.
Save here. Then kill them. Real smart.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
In my area (1 town over) we have a bear problem in the Spring, they relocate bears here most of the time, but only up to two times. If the bear comes back the third time, it's killed. I get about 2 vehicles a year where I work do to bear vandalism, the damage that is done inside the vehicle is amazing. The vehicles are totaled. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other, except to say that a human life is more valuable than an animal. Until people stop buying homes in these new areas this problem will only get worse. People can do things to prevent the wild animals from entering into populated areas, by not leaving food out and securing trash. It's the same precautions one should take when camping. The problem with the precautions is, you will never be able to get all the people to comply, you will always have those that say it's not a problem, or they forgot or just for a minute. Relocation should always be the first thought to the solution.
Yes, it should always be.
When we move into the areas that they live things like this are going to happen.
Yes, but, they do not have to be killed.
@Daljinder (19276)
I 100 % agree with you!