Update on Hyundai repair-or not!

Hyundai, car recalls, recall repairs
@PatZAnthony (13057)
Charlotte, North Carolina
If you read my information about a Hyundai we enjoy that is now in the hands of the dealer for possible repairs-you might remember there was a recall on this car. Hyundai, as well as many other car manufacturers, had recalls on several models recently. A recall might not be covered once repaired. In our case, I decided to call the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to learn more about what is up with recalls and safety. If you need them, they can be found here: http://www.nhtsa.gov/ Our car had been repaired due to a recall. The same issue occurred again. Since September 26 of this year, my efforts have been focused on getting the car fixed. A call to a phone room, although some think they are calling Hyundai, resulted in me learning towing to the dealer for repair would be covered. Although I was led to think the car would be repaired without cost, once it was towed to the dealer, that story changed. On a quest to get what I felt would be justice, more calls were made to the dealer, the phone room, another dealer, a mechanic and my brother, a former service writer. Soon a call was received by me from the dealer that things would be covered. The car might be ready the next day. The following day a call to me from the dealer's employee explained that the car was 'fried' and things were not repaired. Someone must have charged the car incorrectly and now the car won't start even with the new altenator, etc. Not being a mechanic, I do trust our friend who works as a mechanic, and who told me, if anyone had done that to our car, it would not have started again. He said the battery would have sent off sparks like the 4th of July. That is something we surely would have noticed. Is someone not communicating correctly with me? Hmmm...not sure. What are your thoughts?
Not just Hyundai has responded to issues by recalling vehicles, but Honda, Toyota and Volkswagen have all had issues recently and were forced to recall cars....
From my understanding -If your car doesn't work due to the recall they should have to fix your car. If your car doesn't work and the recall is something else not interfering or relating to the recall, I don't think they will fix your cars issue for free ~ Just the recall itself. My car right now has a recall. I have to call the dealership to make an appointment but on the paper it says my car may potentially have the recall not all. But I've had precious Hondas / Toyotas that have been recalled. They just fix the recall and you're on your way. Regardless I hope they fix your car soon!
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, they said they would fix it-BUT, now claim there is another issue that we know could not have happened here. If what they said was true, we would not have been able to start the car. We could start the car. No one did what they said, unless something happened at the dealers.
@PatZAnthony Why did you have to tow the car to the dealers?
@Shellyann36 (11273)
@PatZAnthony So they are claiming that the "other" problem is what has caused this new problem. I would get a second opinion at a different Hyundai dealership/shop. Something sounds very fishy to me.
I do know that one of my friends had a nightmare experience with her Hyundai dealer and ended up getting rid of the car and getting a Subaru.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The dealer that has this car also sells Subaru. Weird, huh? Anyway-as of today they are not going to do a thing....so I have taken to sites such as this to get the word out.
@PatZAnthony I wonder how many others are having this experience. It does sound suspicious.
@PatZAnthony Well yes, there are a lot of lemons out there.
@KnehKnah (3491)
It seems someone is not really communicating well with you. Looks like some secrets are to remain that way from you. Gosh!
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes @KnehKnah it seems like that to us too.
@KnehKnah (3491)
Oh gosh! @PatZAnthony
• Eugene, Oregon
This sounds like a major dealer scam to me. I would take it directly to Hyundai and go as high as possible on the corporate ladder.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@JamesHxstatic If you have any idea how to actually get to Hyundai and not a phone room, would love to know.
• Eugene, Oregon
@PatZAnthony Ohhh, sorry. I thought that any manufacturer would be more responsive than that.
@marsha32 (6689)
So the shop has done something and now your car won't start at all? Something is sure sounding fishy, and not right, here!
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That is what it seems like to us. Fixed one thing, but covering up something they did next? Shared this on Facebook too trying to get the word out. It is not even at a dealer where we live!
I do not know that much about cars. what did you end up doing.
@PatZAnthony (13057)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The car now sits at the dealer wand we will have to tow it elsewhere. The NHTSA told us to file a complaint with FTC. Guess that is next?
@PainsOnSlate (20579)
I hope you get the answers and the truth. Sounds like a scam to me, they did it and don't want to replace it...
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
This sounds a bit strange to me, I also think this should all be covered, no expenses to you at all.
I've heard about this recall. It sounds to me like they don't want to cover charges so they are telling you it's 'fried' and unable to be fixed. Something really fishy here.
@bunnybon7 (37444)
• Holiday, Florida
my thoughts are that someone is trying to get money from you.
Yes do file a complaint. I just received a recall on my Mercury Milan too.