4th mouse caught!

@carebear29 (28585)
Wausau, Wisconsin
So we caught a 4th mouse tonight. Obviously there are more floating around. I;ll jusy keep resetting and catching them. But anyways, I was on Facebook messaging my downstairs neighbor who has been calling the cops and trying to make mends with them til we move (they are mad at m y husband and not me) and all the sudden I hear a snap...I walk over to the mouse trap and see this mouse trying to escape and failed. I made my husband take it out to the trash. At least they are going to the traps and not after my food. I'll probably keep posting about catching a mouse every time one is caught lol. Gives me something to write about...later....the more I catch, the better....
That is disgusting. You need to go through your house to find what they are living on. There is something big time wrong with you killing 4 mice in one day. Your clearly infested. Ugh gross.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Yes. I talked to my landlord and he's going to give it a few more days before we decide on what to do. More babies were made too
@yukimori (9046)
@carebear29 Give it a few more days? Good grief... Does he not realize how quickly those little buggers breed?!
@yukimori I read a book on them and they could breed 40 something at one time. I was very scared.
@ms1864 (6992)
• Bangalore, India
4th mouse?! Where are they coming from?
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
They come from the heater vents
@ms1864 (6992)
• Bangalore, India
If you move i guess this problem would also go away along with the annoying neighbor.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@ms1864 Yes it would.
@EddieHands (37845)
Wow another mouse! meow.. well I will be there to eat it soon!
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Yeah. So far 7 have been caught
@EddieHands (37845)
@carebear29 wow you caught me dinner for the whole week! meow!
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@EddieHands Right lol. Maybe I should send them to you lol
@yukimori (9046)
We had that issue last year. Didn't get rid of the little buggers until we found the spot they'd chewed through the wall and the landlord blocked it off with a combination of spray foam and caulk. Haven't seen a single one since then, thankfully. Hopefully you'll be able to find where they're coming in and do something to block their access. In the meantime, you could try soaking cotton balls in peppermint oil and leaving them in areas you'very seen the mice. @sharon6345 suggested that to me last year and it seemed to discourage them from being in those areas. They don't care for the smell, so they avoid it.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
They are coming from the heater vents but no idea where they are nesting at yet. I will possibly be trying that but my landlord might do something now if it continues
@yukimori (9046)
@carebear29 That should fall under the routine maintenance category, so hopefully you can get the landlord to do something about it. If they're getting in through the vents you're going to have issues with heating in the winter since it'll be allowing cold air to get in.
@UncleJoe (9929)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Perhaps you should start a collection. All you need is a big piece of cardboard and a stapler.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Right lol. 8 caught total now
@franxav (5060)
I caught many one after the other. There was peace for some time.They are coming again. Looks like their progeny has grown.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Same here. I caught a really small baby this morning.