Fire stick do you have one?

Some of us in the building are working on ways to cut the cord. My cable will be once again cut this week. Or before the last day of the next bill. I was told about the fire stick. Do you have it and if you do how much is the monthly fees? I read a little that made me not want it. It's best used with prime and I will soon be cutting prime off.
No I don't. I have Netflix and Hulu only.
@yukimori (9066)
I don't have one, but I'm familiar with them because we sell them at the store I work at. There aren't any monthly fees for the Fire TV Stick itself, but many of the channels have subscription fees. You can use it with both Hulu and Netflix, and many cable stations like HBO, AMC, and HGTV offer live content through Sling TV. Their monthly fees start at around $20 and depend on the package you choose. There's a new version of the Fire TV Stick coming out in about a week and a half that has a voice remote, so you can just tell it to play Netflix and it will do it for you. Apparently it can also order a pizza from Domino's, which is kind of bizarre. Gotta love Alexa.
I watch all TV shows online. I have not had cable in almost three years now and really don't miss it. I just couldn't justify the money I paid each month for the amount of TV that I watched.
I want the boxes in before the next bill arrives.
@sharon6345 Good idea! It is so much cheaper in the long run!
I know nothing about it. So I hope someone that knows about it will tell you in this discussion and than I will know to.
I went to amazon to also read reviews. I guess your best option would be this is you want to keep prime. I don't..
@Ronrybs (7392)
• London, England
Heard about these things, but from what I've seen there is not a lot of content to interest me