How do you keep YOUR head up?

From the time I wake up each morning to the time I fall asleep at night there are times when I feel as if reaching for the coffee pot is the only way I will ever possibly function for the remainder of the day. Once this grudging feeling sets in, I typically opt out of the coffee (too much caffeine for me = no bueno) and instead make myself a cup of green tea or take a walk outside. (It's finally feeling nice with an average daily temp of 82 degrees here in Texas now... yay!) How do you get through your sluggish days when you're in need of a "pick-me-up"?
@saulgoodman (2638)
• Aberdeen, Scotland
Hello and welcome to mylot. Must say i don't have many sluggish days but when I do its coffee for me every time. Sometimes just because some experts tell us something isnt good for us doesnt mean it is bad for us and an extra coffee as a pickmeup now and then will not kill us. I tried Green Tea. Its ok. But it won't get me perked up on a sluggish morning. 82 degrees. I dont think we had a day that hot all summer. Texas here I come.
The weather here is nice now... not so much in the summer though!
@CoralLevang (34411)
Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here. You are from Texas? What place?
@XinfulThotz (4229)
• Singapore, Singapore
i will go for a shower or drink coffee..
Best way- ask you friend or sibling to hit you when you fall asleep lol
I find that taking my vitamins and doing yoga helps wake me up and I feel amazing throughout the day! It's important to take good quality vitamins though so your body can use all the good stuff in them
@ms1864 (6943)
• Bangalore, India
Either slash some cold water on my face or drink some warm coffee or tea.
• New Delhi, India
With a small kid to take care of I cannot ever think about being sluggush
@CoolPeace (1630)
• Miami, Florida
I like how you take a walk outside to ease away your grudging and green tea is more of a healthy choice. When I have a grudge day I do nothing and it goes away.
@moffittjc (31771)
• Gainesville, Florida
Coffee has always been my "pick-me-up" when I start feeling sluggish throughout the day. But I don't like drinking coffee in the later afternoons/early evenings, because then I'll have trouble falling asleep at night. In those instances, I choose to drink a lot of water and maybe get up and stretch and move around a little bit to get the blood flowing again and get a little energy in me. Sometimes, though, I'll just close my office door and take a quick 5 or 10-minute power nap. Those also do wonders for me!