The Sidecar Pinoy Version

Philippine, Tricycle
In my last discussion some one asked the ride next to the lady and some one answered her. What got me thinking is that she was shocked about it and never seen one, that's rather odd because "side car" isn't something unique as it exist on other countries base on my research. Only have different names and types. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidecar Here in the Philippines we call it Tricycle, if you check the wiki, it's very close to the 1950 version that has a cabin on it. Tricycle is supposed to be a bike that has three wheels, but to us here it's the common calling for the sidecar. What the mylotter saw was probably behind and this video here is what's like on the front. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_iv_iDHKdc Here we use it as a local transportation through out the entire village, but it has different groups since it has it's own sub-villages inside. It's an alternative to taxi here. But if you render them services to highways and roads, it will cost you more There are so many types in different countries, specially in Asia w/ their own versions too.
I live in Ny and there is nothing like that on my streets. I would not ever ride in that either. God help anyone meeting in an accident in that. I love that it looks vintage and fun though. But safety reasons would sure prevent me from riding in one. I saw that other one with the kids on the seat with no real protection. God I would not dare take that either. Thanks for the post. it was me that asked.
The sidecar was actually used during World War II, Not sure if it was the Germans or Americans who ride it first though. Well, the WWII version is probably antique there now, but not in my country, they just retrofitted the whole thing into local transport thing @sharon6345
@Letranknight2015 Wow that is wonderful to know. I would love to see one up close in person. just not ride in it. Thanks.
@sharon6345 The same way they retrofitted World war II Jeep into a Jeepney, a commercial transport vehicle.
** Please click "LIKE" ** ** Also "SUBSCRIBE" to this channel for more great videos coming soon ** The Jeepney was originally born from World War II jeeps le...
We don't have them in our country either. I can't imagine riding in one but it is cool and partner your culture.
Hello @Happy2BeMe Try one if you ever come to visit here, as long as you have some one that you know in this country.
@Letranknight2015 I sure will. I doubt I will ever get their for a visit but you never know.
@Happy2BeMe nothing wrong with visiting at least once.
@ilocosboy (40105)
Oh well, I always ride with tricycle, this is the first hand mode of transportation in our place.
I ride tricycle too when ever I visit my brother @ilocosboy
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 Ours here that tricycle is called : habal-habal: hehehehe
That's pretty cool and, we should have them but don't. I know they are common there though. We just have taxi cabs.
They are just common in the subdivisions, too small for taxi's to load and upload a passenger @TRBRocks420
@topffer (36614)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
We have a few sidecars here, but all our taxis are cars. It would be cool to have taxis like that... at least during summer.
Hello @topffer well, it only works much for small roads so little for cars like taxis, unless it's a small one.
@topffer (36614)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
@Letranknight2015 I think that it would be faster than a car to drive in traffic in large cities. More funny too.
@topffer not really but its enough to get your there.
• Calgary, Alberta
Thailand have the Tuktuk, it has more passenger capacity than our tricycles.
I wonder if such actually gave in @CaptAlbertWhisker
@carexing25 (1819)
I remember my friend on her first time in Manila she laughed so hard because she saw a tricycle that looks like a turtle. Lol! Here in my area the tricycle has a bigger built than those in Manila.. we also have the Habalhabal here..
Hello @carexing25 Wow I wonder if she has ride on it, maybe look funny but if the driver is careful she could have gotten hurt.
@cacay1 (33192)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yeah in our place we also have like that and there are having no wall called trisikad hehehe.