Would you be scared if you saw a clown?

@millie02 (6905)
United Kingdom
There has been a new trend recently where people dress up as Clowns and jump out and scare other people. Some of these attacks have been really nasty and violent. Would you be scared if you saw a Clown coming towards you?
I would surely be, because in our country it is forbidden by the law to wear a mask. If I see someone dressed like a clown he can only be a criminal.
@topffer (36127)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
Or there is a circus in your town.
@topffer No, not yet, the Circus will come in December, but the clowns (if they were a mask), must stay inside.
@topffer (36127)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
@LadyDuck They cannot even distribute flyers? Are you recruiting Santa Claus only if they have a true white beard?
@yugocean (8839)
I don't know about any nasty or violent attacks, otherwise people will stop visiting the place where such clowns are.
@millie02 (6905)
I think they are picking people out at random in the street.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@millie02,Clowns have always made me laugh,not afraid.
@millie02 (6905)
Some people find them scary. I suppose it depends how the clown is made up.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@millie02 But why should clowns be made so fearful?
@dodo19 (33678)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Honestly, I've never liked clowns anyway. They may scare me a little, especially if they were really close.
It depends on what they want to do when they come close. I have never been afraid of clowns.
@millie02 (6905)
They are supposed to be funny and friendly. But some look really creepy, it depends on their costume and face make up.
@millie02 So true Carolyn.
No. Why should I be scared? After all the costume is that of a Clown and not some kind of Zombie. If its a Zombie then there is every reason to be scared. But its a Clown and therefore we need to laugh on it. That's what I would do. Cheers!
@millie02 (6905)
Have you ever met a Zombie?
@millie02 I have mentioned Zombie over here for the sake of showing an example. If I had met one, I won't be sending messages here in mylot. I would have already been consumed by the Zombie by this time.
@Dextoi (2424)
I don't think I'd get scared if they're afar from me at first. But if they'd just jump out in front of me, I don't know. I know a bit of self-defense but I don't think it will suffice... lol
@millie02 (6905)
What sort of self defence do you know?
@Dextoi (2424)
@millie02 Just basic punching and kicking here and there... and, a lot of running... lol
No. I kind of feel like the clown thing has been blown out of the water because of the media. I feel like it happened once or twice and then people started falsely calling them in or the media is just redoing the same story and just changing the names of the towns or cities. There were "claims" of a clown being my colleges town which I might add that it isn't very big at all & the college itself is the majority of the town, & no one ever actually saw a clown. That or it is just teenagers dressing up because they think it is funny. I am sure it is still dangerous though because some people will shoot someone dressed as a clown even though they mean them no harm.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
there is something creepy about clowns, and clowns chasing people around as a joke is one too far.We do have GB Tv here and saw it on the news.That to me is not a joke.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
The only clown that worries me is Donald Trump.
Yes, clowns freak me out.
@sishy7 (27598)
Yes! I hate these kind of pranks...
I know there are some horror movies about the clowns. But I am not scared of the clowns anyway. And here we haven't seen anyone who attacks others when he dresses up and makes up like a clown.
@iridion9 (10207)
No, It would be fun. I will punch him in his face immediately. LOL
@angelare (41)
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Of course I am! And by the way, I do not like clowns. So for me, if there is a clown coming towards, it could be a couple disaster for me.
@mysimplelot (1118)
• Asansol, India
This is quite scary. But I would not be surprised by seeing them. However nasty these attacks I would not be scared.
Yes, I would be frightened. However, the dog would be with me, so she would give a mighty bark and do a lot of growling.
@Butchcass4 (6027)
I've been hearing stories in our local areas in Bradford county PA about people dressed up as clowns stabbing and killing people. Yes I would be scared if I saw a clown coming towards me. I'd pull out the pepper spray and pray.
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
Funnily enough, I was thinking about this yesterday. I was out on my run and it's quite a secluded, quiet area where I go and I suddenly started to think how scary it would be if I turned round and saw a clown coming after me! It's a really pathetic trend, I think. I have nothing but contempt for people who just jump on the bandwagon with the latest stupid craze. Why on earth do they want to do things that cause others such fear and upset? People are so unoriginal too. Why can't they think of something better to do? Off the top of my head I can think of about 10,000 things I would rather do with my time than go dressing up as a clown and jumping out on people. What's wrong with these people??????
@JESSY3236 (7294)
yes I would be scared.