My neighbor got the fire stick.

She can't get it to work for her though. I hooked it all up and tried to get it to work. it's not working for her. She wants to cut her cable off in two days. I want to know how it works to see about getting it for myself.
@yukimori (9042)
Wait until next week... the whole new line of Fire TV products is being released on the 20th. It should just plug into the HDMI port of the TV. If it's in correctly, you should just be able to switch the input to that HDMI port and use the Fire TV Stick's remote to navigate the menus. It'll have to be set up to access the Internet before it can be used, which should be done through the Settings menu. She might have to link her Amazon account to it, too. Here's some of the basic troubleshooting steps for the devices from Amazon:
Amazon Try Prime All All Departments Amazon Video Amazon Warehouse Deals Appliances Apps & Games Arts, Crafts & Sewing Automotive Parts & Accessories Baby Beauty & Personal Care Books CDs & Vinyl Cell Phones & Accessories Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry    Women
helpI saound like a dummy but what on eart is a fire stick?
It's a stick you put on the tv to watch streaming shows like netflix.
@sharon6345 Does it have a monthly fee.
I hope you both can figure it out.
No she did not get it fixed yet.
So what exactly does the fire stick do. What company makes it.