Elevator blues.

@xFiacre (10108)
Ireland
Don't you just hate the annoying voices that inform us that the doors of the lift we are travelling in are opening or closing? It's not just the voices that annoy me, but also whoever dreamed up the annoying concept of giving us a running commentary on what is happening before our eyes in a lift. Okay, elevator.
@pgntwo (20322)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Spare a thought for the voice artists that have to make these announcements, they have to let off steam occasionally too...
The voice of the London Tube, Emma Clarke did some spoof announcements (Which she was fired over) which some considered offensive, but are funny ;) Enjoy
@xFiacre (10108)
@PGNTWO These are the announcements I like to hear. A student doing that job one summer in Botanic station announced in my hearing, "The next train on platform 1 is going to Derry and the last person to get on is a big girl's blouse".
@ms1864 (6976)
• Bangalore, India
Yeah it is annoying sometimes...i guess they expect it to help us somehow.
@inertia4 (26582)
I haven't been on an elevator in a long time now. What I don't like about them is when they get stuck. That is way annoying. Sometimes we wait a long time before it starts up again. I don't remember ever hearing voices telling me when the doors will open or not. Guess I haven't been to too many fancy places.
i used to work in a place that had a talking elevator.to get all the equipment loaded in,i had to jam the door with the cart,and the thing would yammer the whole time. shut up already! i heard you!...stupid elevator
I am glad that we have silent elevators in this country.
• New Delhi, India
Yes these voices are very irritating especially when we are in a hurry.