How do you think about this cat?

cat
Guangzhou, China
I think I am a cat lover. They are very adorable animals. However, when I see this cat, it is quite different than other cats. I don't know what this breed is. It seems it doesn't have any hair and it is quite skinny. Frankly, I think this kind of cat is ugly
This cat is a Sphynx, it is hairless because it is a manipulation of the breed made by the human. We are the ugly ones to manipulate animals. This is one of the most sweet cats breed in the world.
Since they are created by human beings, there must be some people who like this cat.
@kaka135 (13483)
I was thinking if they were manipulated too, as they don't seem natural to me. Yes, I agree with you, this should be forbidden and I have no idea why human would do this. Perhaps as you said, it's for their ego. It's sad that human's ego has been harmful to the earth and many other animals too....
@ladyduck thanks for telling us what kind of car this is as it does sound like a sweet cat. I think he is not gorgeous but cute! I think he looks like he has a sweet temperament.
I know someone that has two of them. Myself, I don't like them...cats should be purry and furry.
I heard that this kind of cat is rather expensive?
@youless They probably are since they are a registered 'breed'. I prefer my boy...no special breed, but lots of love for him.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
So, if no purry and furry, don't call it a cat.
@louievill (16346)
I once had a cat like this when I was young, it was left to us by my doctor aunt when they migrated to the U.S., this was the cat of their daughter who was alergic to fur and had asthmatic attacks. Its not bad at all, it's only similar to human skin, my cat look more like a siamese but no fur.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
So actually this cat is much easier to take care of. We don't need to comb its fur, nor take it to the pet salon.
I think they selected a good master for their cat
@louievill (16346)
@youless it's a big liability when it gets out because bad children would try to stone it cause even the ignorant neighbors in our old house in Manila thought it was evil, having no fur is also disadvantageous in a cat fight because it would easily get scratched like human skin.
I think it is a beautiful cat. It is my dream to have one someday but they are very expensive to buy.
I hope this cat can adjust to Canada. Since this cat is hairless, it may give them hard time in winter.
@youless A lot of people who have this cat often but then coats or sweaters to wear because they have no fur.
@youless yes I would have to buy it a onsie to keep it warm during the winter months lol
They are known as Sphynx cats. I am not a fan of them. I don't find them cute at all. My Friend Morgan loves them though and desperately wants one. To me they look like angry goblins. The only time I find them kind of cute is when they are little kittens.
@RitzzView (2576)
Do you know more about this breed? I had a question.. Thought maybe you could answer.. Is it a natural breed or a experimented breed??
@RitzzView sorry I don't know much about the breed at all. I did find this website on them though. Maybe it will help you. From what little I read it a cat gave birth to a hairless kitten in 1966 and since then with properly breeding they have been able to successfully breed more hairless cats. So I guess it is natural.
Blog Twitter Facebook Youtube Pintrist Chinese Information Menu eCat Online | Herman | Secure CFA | Catalog | FAQs | Contact | Home   Search   Breeds  /  Breeds S thru T  /  Sphynx In 1966 a domestic cat gave birth to a hairless kitten in Toronto Canada.
@RitzzView (2576)
@CaseyRoss9966 oh.. I really appreciate your efforts... to answer me
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
I consider myself as cat lover too. I've been living with cats for almost all my life. This cat looks weird and ....too old. Where is its fur???
I don't really understand why these breed was even created...
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@JolietJake I just don't know what to do with it, as I use to caress and pat my kitties's fur...
I think this cat has the wrinkle since little. I had a sharpie dog in the past and this kind of dogs have wrinkle when they were even babies
@miniam (9303)
• Bern, Switzerland
That is one ugly cat and i sure do not want it in my house as a pet.
In fact I also think this cat doesn't look well...
@miniam (9303)
• Bern, Switzerland
@youless The mouth looks like a lion,face like a rabbit one confusing cat.Will run and scream ghost if l meet this creature at night
I am a cat lover also. I think that this one you show looked a bit pathetic.. I hope it is protected from bad weather and such. It's not the most attractive cat I have seen.
But it seems some Mylotters already like this kind of cat according to their comments
@youless ....Cats, to me, are supposed to be furry. This one just seems wrong.
looks like a "sphinx"..they're bred hairless. poor cat looks cold all the time..
@RitzzView (2576)
sphynx.. Thanks.. I was actually going through the comment room here to know the breed name.
Perhaps they have to stay at home most of the time if the live in a cold area.
• Greece
I must admit that this picture made me sad. I can under stand people mixing dog breeds occasionally but this has gone way too far. Cats are perfect as they are and I do believe they are made that way for a purpose. A cat without fur has no protection and what on earth has happened to its ears? There are probably a lot of unseen defects too, such as hearing, smell and resistance to infections.
In fact in the past I didn't know that this breed was created by men. I thought it was the natural breed.
@youless I don't think he is ugly just beauty challenged
What a nice and kind comment to this cat
@kaka135 (13483)
Is it a cat? It doesn't look like a cat to me, it looks weird to me too. Though I also think this cat does not look nice, I think some people think "weird looking animals" look nice. There are some dogs which I think are quite weird looking, but they are favorites of many people.
Perhaps Asians don't think it really looks like a cat and we don't like its look, too.
@shshiju (9327)
• Cochin, India
Long ears and not hairs and skinny may look it different. It is not seen here.
Perhaps this is why this kind of cat is so expensive.