The cats have fleas. Yuck.

I guess I should have expected it with the weather getting colder and 2 cats that go outside. Anyway, my husband found fleas on our orange cat (easiest to see them on him). I checked our old man cat and, yep, they were on him as well. That was enough to let me know that they all have them which is strange because I haven't seen any excessive scratching or biting or anything. Oh well. I ordered Advantage II from Amazon yesterday. We had Amazon points from our Amazon credit card and I had $10 in gift card credit from Swagbucks, so we wound up paying only $12.11 for the flea treatment. Can't beat that. It will be here tomorrow which is wonderful. I'll get it on the cats right away and the nasty fleas will be dead by Tuesday. Take that you evil little parasites!
@LoriAMoore (4679)
I don't know how I managed it, but I had cats for 16 years that were indoor/outdoor cats and never once did they get fleas. Good luck getting rid of those little suckers.
You were lucky! Advantage II is a great product so I'm not worried about it.
@AutumnSnow (4583)
OMG I hate those things. I have to be careful in what we use for my garfield because he had a very bad reaction once. So I make my own spray for them it works everytime. I checked with my vet to make sure the ingredients were safe to use. I mix hot water with essestinals oils of peppermint, orange and jasimine and put it in a spray bottle.
oh and the bonus is that your cat smells good!
That's great you can get rid of them that fast. What about your furniture and carpets?
I'll run the vacuum attachment over the couch. We don't have carpets. It is all hardwood floors.
@NJChicaa That's good.
I hope that you can get rid of them.
Me too!
@CinnamonGrl (6064)
• Paradise, California
I used to have cats and the fleas were a constant battle. I love kitties though. I may have one or two again someday, if the time comes when I no longer have birdies. Good luck with the flea treatments!
Thanks. It will be fine once the stuff arrives tomorrow.
@quantum2020 (9878)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
That´s the best effective move you aloud have taken against those parasites.