BIRDS BEWARE!!!

By JJ
Scar loves it outside...loves to 'pounce' on the squirrels and the occasional raccoon...but he's only playing with them, no harm is intended. But the birds...he wants a bird really bad. And he got one the other day...if I hadn't been watching, it would have been lunch...or maybe an afternoon snack...but definitely history. The nuthatches here aren't really scared of me...they'll land on the feeder while I am out there...but it seems they aren't scared of HIM either. One came hopping down the tree trunk the other day while Scar was out there are SNATCH!!! he had it and was trying to take off with it in his mouth. I went out and made him let it go (and he REALLY didn't want to) and off it flew, so I guess it wasn't hurt bad...and I tried to explain to Scar that I was not putting out birdseed for his benefit. But I don't think he listened. Hell, I don't know...maybe I'm a hypocrite, because I eat chicken and turkey
@vandana7 (62336)
Bro..you know what I think about eating non-veg from farms. Having said that, you grew up with eating chicken and turkey and so can't suddenly say or think it is wrong, especially after you acquired taste for it. I won't judge you for that, neither the gods. As to scar, if you are giving him chicken or turkey, some portions, I don't see why you cannot civilize him the way you are.
@boiboing (12207)
• Northampton, England
There is a maggot infested robin carcass outside our bedroom door. Apparently Bagheera brought it into the house before he got thrown out and dispatched it in the garden.
Perhaps a bit of a hypocrite due to the chicken and turkey thing, but a nice fellow for saving a little bird when possible.
I had to rescue a chipmunk from him earlier this summer...animals close to his size are fine, but anything small and the 'hunter' instinct takes over
@JolietJake Well, Scar is just doing what a kitty cat is meant to do. Your rescue efforts are commendable!!!
• Eugene, Oregon
Unfortunately, cats kill millions of birds every year.
@fishtiger58 (30379)
• Momence, Illinois
yea cats never listen
awe poor scar, and poor birdie! lol
Lol, poor birds have no idea what their in for when Scar is around!