All about Jack in the box

Dallas, Texas
Why is it that a fast food restaurant was called Jack in the Box? And what is the story behind it? Such a place as this is where I like to buy my 2 for a dollar tacos and curly fries. Most Americans are very familiar with this upscale Jack in the Box, aiming for affluent yuppies instead of it's competitor McDonald's which appears to appeal more to families of children using the play sets at some locations outside the restaurants near their parking lots and the life size figure of Ronald McDonald sitting on a bench in brightly colored attire. The link below is of the website of Jack in the Box. I am in now way affiliated with Jack in the Box. However, it is one of my personal favorites for a good meal you can eat inside the box or out of one.
Founded in 1951 in San Diego, Jack in the Box Inc. is a restaurant company that operates and franchises Jack in the Box restaurants. Jack in the Box is known for a number of innovations, including ...
I have not seen a Jack in the Box around here for ages. None in the Chicago suburbs near me. I checked and they have them in Indiana, but not any near us.
• Dallas, Texas
Hmm. Then do you have a favorite place to go out to eat in your neck of the woods?
@lookatdesktop Well, I suppose it would be Taco Bell, Burger King, or McDonald's.
• Dallas, Texas
@Corbin5 I am getting pretty darn hungry for a 3 layer beefy burrito, a buttery jack burger and a large strawberry shake. Oh, and did I forget fries? McDonald's fries are pretty tasty.
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love Jack in the Box, but we don't have any in Florida! Another one I really like is In and Out Burger, but we don't have them in Florida either.
• Dallas, Texas
Maybe one day you will get one in your neighborhood to enjoy!
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
@lookatdesktop It might be a while! I've been waiting for decades for them to expand farther eastward and southward! lol
• Dallas, Texas
@moffittjc Maybe you will get lucky one day. Hopefully.
@lookatdesktop Thank you for the report I don't have one near me!
• Dallas, Texas
Too bad we can't order stuff like this online and have an Amazon drone drop it off. lol
@lookatdesktop We can't? NO wonder my order places last year never came to my house! Lol!
@UncleJoe (10640)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
We haven't had a JITB here for about 30 years. Don't know why they closed.
• Dallas, Texas
It must be more popular in the south west.
I have heard of them and when I lived in the states I think I ate at one once. We do not have them here in Latvia but we do have McDonalds.
• Dallas, Texas
Some of us call that place Micky-D's. lol