Questions for the not so punctual people....

Perth, Australia
What is it that makes you guys so late? lol seriously! I HAVE to understand! Do you get distracted? Do you forget? Do you get lost? Do you have no concept of time? What is it?? I swear this world is full of so many people who just don't know / understand or care how much waiting around is actually really annoying! At this very moment I'm waiting for a lady to come pick up things she bought from me. "I will be there at 11am." She said. It is 12:15pm right now.... I've vented about this before many times. I just don't get it. I am fine if someone is going to be late or can't even make it. But if either of those should occur, letting me know would be nice. One of my friends is a great example. Only ONCE out of the 10 years I've known her, has she been on time. She must have been drunk or something. But seriously her "I'll be there in 5 minutes." Turns into about 45 minutes... This is the friend who kept changing times / being late when I needed to practice doing nails. Whenever we have plans now, I seriously just dawdle around the house getting ready. I don't like being rushed for no reason. And with her, there is no reason. I wonder if people who are always late get annoyed with the people who are always on time lol I really have to know....are you always late? Why? What is going on that is slowing you down AND making it hard for you to send someone a "I'm going to be late" message?
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Sounds like you're describing my brother. The only difference is he will call about 5 minutes before we are supposed to meet and say he's going to be late. By that time I'm either at the meeting place or on my way. Before cellphones there were times I sat at the meeting place for up to an hour waiting for him. I can only remember him being on time twice. One of those times I was late because I figured he would be late so I fiddled around and purposely left late. It really surprised me to see him sitting at the meeting place when I got there. What irritates me is that these people think my time is not important. That I have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for them. My brother used to call me up and ask me to do things for him that he could do himself. Like call me and ask me to call someone for him because he doesn't have time to do so. I tell him he has enough time because instead of calling me he could have made the call himself.
• Perth, Australia
@RichardMeister Ah I remember this! I remember you telling me that story before actually. But how surprising! When someone is late the majority of the time, it kind of trains us to give up just a little. To not rush because we know deep down that they wont be trying to be on time anyway. But yeah for them to actually be on time is a shocker lol Well that's exactly right! I hate when people have that excuse. My dad has been doing that a lot with me lately. In fact the other day he wanted me to call up some hotels for him ( he goes away every 2 weeks for work. ) He said he didn't have time but he sat on the lounge reading some catalogues while telling me he didn't have time.....he could have rang right there and then.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@VivaLaDani13 Yeah, I almost fell over when he was there when I got there. But I can bet that won't happen very often. I had to really put my foot down to let my brother know I wasn't going to stand for it.
• Perth, Australia
@RichardMeister Good for you! I think it's good to speak up about stuff like that. No one should be treated like they or their time isn't important!
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
People constantly being late is one of my absolute all time pet hates. It annoys me to the point where I can't even speak to someone if they turn up late. Once or twice I can accept. It can happen to anyone. But some people just seem genetically incapable of being on time. What it makes it worse is when they can't understand why you get annoyed because you've been waiting around for them. Come the revolution late-comers will be first up against the wall. Actually, thinking about it, they'll probably be last!!!
• Perth, Australia
@WorDazza It’s one of my pet peeves as well. I’m not fond of people who aren’t considerate. I agree that if it’s happened once or twice then fine but if it’s constantly happening, it makes me wonder if they are truly bad with time or just have no respect. And yeah tell me about it! My now ex boyfriend ( thank goodness ) was constantly late or an abouslute no show! On New Years Eve for example, he said he would come to mine to pick me up so we could spend time together as we rolled into the New Year. 8pm he said he would come. I sat there, alone, no where to go, no one to hang out with since everyone else had plans, I was listening to all these parties being thrown in the street, and I was just sitting there waiting like an idiot. He didn’t contact me until about 1pm the next day! I was so mad. But of course, he wasn’t sorry. Oh my god! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@VivaLaDani13 I'll tell you exactly what I would tell my daughter in this situation. Don't give people like him the time of day. It does display absolutely zero respect for someone to behave in that way. You have to stop that kind of behaviour very early in a relationship. And if it continues then, as described in my latest discussion, I can get very creative when being forced to have to kill someone.
• Perth, Australia
@WorDazza You're exactly right. Although I felt this way during the almost 3 years with him, for some stupid reason I was trying to make it work. But yeah I was being taken advantage of left right and center. I'm quite scared off relationships for awhile. This dude was a jerk. Saying he loved me to keep me around but once he was "done with me" he ignored me for over a month and I literally heard through his mum that it was over. Just felt like dirt at the time but now I'm fine. Feeling more happier without him. He was 8 years older than me yet I felt older than him lol Thank you again for the advice! I agree with you! lol very creative indeed it seems!
Your good and I know you want the money from her. I am always on tie unless something drastic happens. I get it from my mom and I am glad. I try to be 30 mins early and I will wait ten mins. I am gone after that. What ever it was I could care less to hear about it. am so happy that my daughter likes to be to work early as well.
• Perth, Australia
@sharon6345 I like your attitude! I have only done that once though. Some girl was screwing me around quite a bit. She kept on changing times or not messaging me for 3 days in a row. The day she promised she would come, I waited 2 hours passed the time she said she would come and I gave up. I went out. She had a huge go at me lol I couldn't care less though. I waited enough. I'm glad you are punctual and considerate!
@VivaLaDani13 I am glad I have that way of thinking as well. I always hope people would treat me the same way.
@Daljinder (21544)
@VivaLaDani13 Did she really? Selfish and inconsiderate much? Did you tell her that she was there to buy a "thing". She did not, by default, bought you and the whole fricken TIME!!!! Jeez! I hate it when people do not respect time of others!
@Daljinder (21544)
I get jittery when I am about to be late. And I get annoyed by the minute when someone is late. The longer they take, the more piss"d I get. I don't like or are very patient with people who do not respect others time..... no consideration gets no consideration in return from me too My Dad.... One of the habits I don't like in him!!! It irks me to no end. Punctuality doesn't exist in his dictionary. He does thing on his own time schedule WITHOUT bothering to consult other people involved in the same task. Like yesterday only, my parents and my brother were to go to meet someone in another city. They have been getting ready since early morning and the meeting was fixed by Dad so he knew the place. AFTER they were dressed and Dad asks me whether I had the phone number of the person they were going to meet. (Mom uses my phone also so we have common contact address book) I checked and gave him the number. I asked why he wanted it? Wait for it....... *praying for patience* He wanted to inform the person that they were coming. Dad has not asked or informed the person before..... we assumed he did and he as usual assumed that the clock runs in his terms!!! You can imagine the hard blank stare he recieved from me! Bro and I shared a head shake lol We are used to these things by now but it still catches us off guard from time to time. Let me tell you something more... Dad doesn't think that he was in the wrong here by not asking or confirming for free time from the other person. It's either his way or highway!
Guest in Hindi means that only...
@Daljinder (21544)
@hora_fugit "Atithi"
@Daljinder He is following what is expected by the 'unexpected ones'.... :))
@moffittjc (43007)
• Gainesville, Florida
My best friend is like that. He is very punctual...always exactly 30 minutes late form when he said he'd be there! I don't even get mad anymore. If he tells me he'll be over at 8, I'll be ready to go by 8:30, because I know that's when he'll show up! As for me, I'm late if I arrive on time, if that makes any sense. If I tell you I'll be there at 11, then you'll most likely see me at 10:45 or 10:50. If I show up right at 11 like I said I would, then to me that means I'm late! haha
@Daljinder (21544)
@moffottjc He is punctual in his lateness at the least. You are certain when he will arrive.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc LOL yeah I get it. Glad you don’t get mad anymore. No point anyway.
@moffittjc (43007)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 Are you just saying that because you're going to be late and you don't want me to get mad at you? haha
@ourlot (995)
I wonder that too. The only explanation that I can come up with is that they are a mix of not-caring, bad planning, and just being absent minded. They also tend to pack too many activities without buffers in a pretty small time frame. That can only go wrong.
• Perth, Australia
@ourlot Very true. There are some reasons for this happening of course. I think I've dealt more with the people who are not caring and not good at planning their time out properly. Either way, it is something I find hard to accept easily.
@ourlot (995)
@VivaLaDani13 Yes, that's the same for me. Being late is a big deal breaker in any kind of relationship - personal, professional, romantic.
• Perth, Australia
@ourlot My ex boyfriend would not only be late, but there were times when he was a complete no show. Never said sorry. Just one of the things I found really unattractive about him.
Do I get distracted? Yes. Do I forget? Not the event. But the time and date. Do I get lost? That can happen. Do I have no concept of time? Definately this one. I go to get dressed and 30 minutes disappear. It bewilders me every day. I am very sorry
@Daljinder (21544)
@paigea Sigh!
• Perth, Australia
@paigea lol it's ok! Just try not to let it happen again!
@VivaLaDani13 Today I was on time. The kitchen was a mess but I left on tme
I don't know why, but if I say I will be some where I am there, unless some unforeseen emergency happens.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Emergencies are completely understandable. Also people who may have small children, I can understand too. Or maybe if they aren't feeling their best, I get. I'm sure there are quite a few understandable and forgivable reasons. Other than that, I just don't get it.
@VivaLaDani13 Yeah, I know what you mean, because some do it all the time and, don't have a good reason, other then they figured you could wait, while they were doing whatever random thing.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 lol exactly. Whatever random thing. But yeah like you said, some do it all the time. I don't get it. It really bugs me when they don't at least say sorry for making us wait! And the amount of times I've been nice enough to rearrange my schedule to fit into theirs, just for them to still not show up is unbelievable!
@yukimori (9047)
I'm almost always late to work by a few minutes because it takes me that long to get going in the mornings. I'm not really functional until my meds kick in, but I have to balance when I take them carefully. Too early and I can't work my full shift. Too late and I drag for the first half of the day until they take effect. Aside from that, though, I shoot for being early.
• Perth, Australia
@yukimori Well that's fair enough. Plus it's only by a few minutes. No big deal really. :)
@yukimori (9047)
@VivaLaDani13 Haha... it is when my poor supervisor has pages and pages and pages of tardy punches from me when she prints the report.
Some people just have this bad habit and they are often late. They don't value others' time. It is not a big deal for others to wait. They think others can adjust to them. And some think they are "VIP" and therefore you have to wait for them.
• Perth, Australia
@youless lol I know what you mean and I agree! Some do act like a VIP lol It's so annoying when others don't considerate other people's time.
@birjudanak (7241)
we not make wait to others so i mostly reach on time or before time as if we reach late its means we not value of time, there are always some friends who late and never on time like you have one friend, i have also one friend when i call him he said just on way and will be there in 5 mins though its distance of 30 mins.but sometimes it really annoying..
• Perth, Australia
@birjudanak You’re exactly right!
@Dextoi (2430)
In the Philippines, we have this epidemic called the "Filipino Time"... Most of the Filipinos are inflicted with this. LOL For a start, 3:00pm turns into 4:00 pm for most of them... above that, it's gotten worst already... It's procrastination at its finest...
• Perth, Australia
@Dextoi lol oh definitely!
@skysnap (17817)
I think trying to multi task makes it harder for me to multi task :D
• Perth, Australia