Do you fix many meals or one feeds all?

When I was little we had to eat what was served or starve. As we got older we could get a little selective on what we ate. As kay grew up she basically got what made her happy. She was not a fan of everything I cooked. Now that I am better at it she will eat more. My Dr told me to serve her meals and not to give in to her picky ways. Well I did the best I could with it. her ways have not changed yet.
@ricki_911 (20070)
• Toronto, Ontario
She sounds like my younger brother a spoiled brat.He wont eat it if it touches something, or wont try new foods.Yet, if you make him starve suddenly he can fully capable of cooking for himself and doesn't whine. When I was growing up you ate what served or you ate nothing. My younger brother was handed everything on a silver platter, and look at him now which comes back to how he was raised.
That is not good for the cook in the family.
@ricki_911 (20070)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 Nope, and hence why whenever we have functions noone wants to have dinner because he whines, and so ungrateful.
one feeds all.i ain't got time for that. although i will make exceptions if somebody's sick and they need something different.
That would be the case with me too.
@ms1864 (6974)
• Bangalore, India
Breakfast and lunch is the same for everyone...sometimes we all want to have different things for dinner ..so that happens.
That is good I love that.
That kid is a character. I don't like everything my daughter likes to cook for her and the grandson. I eat a little of it and then have her get me something later on. Peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk or something.
That is good that you have that.
@yukimori (9097)
It depends on what we're doing. Some things, like sandwiches, are easy to customize to everyone's tastes. I don't mind making a small portion of a meal meat-free when my daughter asks for a vegetarian option, either. But beyond that I'm not making completely separate meals for everyone. I might do an extra side so they have choices, but that's about it.
That is good I like that your daughter has choices.
Growing up it was the same way. We ate what was cooked or we did without. I was never very fussy though. I loved pretty much everything that my mom and dad cooked. My children I cooked whatever they liked and they weren't all the picky either. They liked almost everything.
That is good they loved it.