Favourite Grunge songs #10 - Grease Box by Tad

@mawdest (1507)
Orillia, Ontario
Hey guys and gals. Hope all is well. Just starting up this new music list, hopefully it goes well! The band, Tad. They formed in Seattle, in 1988, and broke up in 1999. Tad was one of the first grunge bands to come out of Seattle in that era. Also, it is noted, that like much more famed bands, such as: Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden - Tad was inspired far more by 1970s metal than the punk that inspired many other grunge bands. Below, I am linking this exact song, hope you enjoy it! :)
• Denver, Colorado
Hey, I got one. I like these guys. Great song!
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
Hah. Great man, glad you like it! I love how the song starts off with bass and drums, always love songs that start with a good rhythm section!
• Denver, Colorado
@mawdest - Can't beat a good rhythm section!
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
@teamfreak16 Yes, so true :)
Great series idea. I never heard of this Seattle grunge band.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
Thanks man! They certainly were no where near as popular as a Nirvana or a Soundgarden or Pearl Jam, etc etc. But if I remember right, I think Kurt Cobain was friends with the singer/guitar player (Tad), believe I read that somewhere, but then again I guess a lot of the people in that music scene most likely were friends I would imagine.
I have to look up this band as I'm not familiar with them.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
Fair enough! The main reason I even know them is them being mentioned in the book I read a while ago, called "Heavier Than Heaven" an autobiography about Kurt Cobain. But, point is, it mentions Tad, he was known by Kurt Cobain, they were friends (or atleast friends of friends) and played together in the scene.
@mawdest I have to pick up that Kurt Cobain book that you mentioned. Will also listen to Tad to be familiar with their music.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
@allen0187 Yes, for sure, it is a very interesting book. I have read it more than once.. I believe three times in my life, I found it very very fascinating :) Great! Tad is pretty good.