What is your best tip for saving money?

My husband and I would like to buy a motorhome to live and travel in for a while. We would like to pay cash for it but they are very expensive it seems. Its time to trim the budget and start setting aside more money so we can live our dreams without any debt. What are your best money saving tips?
Just what you said is what I did. I cut the cable,netflix went yesterday. I now have this box that I can watch movies and tv for free. Check amazon for them. I plan to put that money in the bank. I am trying to save $166 for a few months but it won't be possible for long. I will be happy.
What kind of box did you get? We still depend on Netflix way too much for entertainment. We keep it around because it is way cheaper than cable but really the extra money would only make our saving grow faster.
@happythoughts xbmc.martt I paid $99 and now I have cut netflix and hulu is left for the living room tv in case company shows up.
@yukimori (8684)
@sharon6345 Holy cow... I can't believe Amazon sells something like that. You haven't had any trouble with it working with your TV? Is it an older TV, say before 2010, or a newer one? I mentioned it to my husband and he said that the newer models of TV are set up so they won't work with devices like that. It has something to do with the programming of the HDMI ports.
@rina110383 (24249)
Stick to your needs and forego your wants.
@ms1864 (6948)
• Bangalore, India
Best tip? Don't spend money on things you don't really need.
@yukimori (8684)
Honestly, my best advice is that saving money only gets you so far. You can cut cable, find a cheaper phone carrier, switch to using generic products instead of name brand... but at the end of the day you're still limited by the amount you earn. Increase that, and you open up a lot more possibilities than you had. If you're really looking for help trimming your budget, though, I'd recommend heading over to the We Are Debt Free board over on BabyCenter. That's kind of what they specialize in, since they follow Dave Ramsey's teachings, and they have a great budget template that someone will share if you make a post there. They'll be better at pointing out fluff in the budget than I would probably be, simply because I'm not as strict at following the DR principles.
This is a Dave Ramsey-inspired group for those who choose not to be "normal!" Discuss your progress in working those baby steps, get advice, and learn new ways to save.
@Dextoi (1959)
I would always remember the line "if it pays for itself, think about it first"... I always think ahead before buying things. But my weakness is FOOD. Anyway, I got that line from Investment 101