Is Killing Thieves By Mob Justice A Crime?

@stbrians (15900)
Kakamega, Kenya
It is used in my country. Lynching of wrongdoers is common. If you call the police, they use delaying tactics. They want to find the criminal dead.
@shivamani10 (11185)
• Hyderabad, India
All these dirty tactics are the innovations of police only. Is there any country which has got good and sincere police? Every country whether developed or developing are having the same type of police people. I think they never learn and know their responsibility. As a result , people are not believing them or their families. In a mob attack sometimes such incidents do take place. We can not help it.
@stbrians (15900)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Police are lazy in doing their work. They love bribes
The problem arises when the wrong person is killed for the crime. A mob mentality doesn't lean towards good judgment. Also, when people get away with vigilante justice it empowers them in a way that leans towards doing it again. And more than the criminal can get hurt; innocent people often are. I understand it, some things are too horrible for words, but I wouldn't condone it.
@stbrians (15900)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Is lynching an evil person right