The Colorful Truth

@Raelove (16820)
Saco, Maine
I get a kick out of some people here in Maine and other parts of New England who think they have to travel miles to see some autumn coloring. No matter where I go here, be it north to Portland or south toward the Kennebunks, east toward the coastline or west toward the New Hampshire, there is nothing but fall color along every single road I take. I live just a few hundred feet from the center of the small city of Saco, and this is what I see outside my front door. Of course, it's fun to explore new places at this time of year. But even if we can't, all we really have to do is look outside and voila! Color, and more, much more, than the human eye can take in all at once! (Photo is mine.)
Lots of color here in northern IL too. Right outside my window. We are fortunate to have that beauty nearby for sure!
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Yes we are. I wasn't ready for how this place would look, as I moved here last November, after the leaves had all fallen. It's more than I ever expected.
@Raelove I am delighted to hear that!!!
This is a beautiful view, we also have beautiful colors in fall here, even if not as beautiful as New England.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Not quite sure why this area is so stunning, and it's better some years than others.
@Raelove Some years the leaves have better colors. This year they are falling but they are still green in our area.
@CinnamonGrl (5740)
• Paradise, California
Wow, Rachel. You live in a beautiful place! We do get some fall color here, but it's mostly evergreen trees, very foresty. Your trees are lovely, so glad you shared this picture this morning.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks! I wish I could have shared more than one photo, as that's just the proverbial tip of the iceberg. Can't take it all in at once. I was lucky to find this place.
I've never understood driving from southern Illinois up to New England to look at foliage when you have the same thing here a few weeks later, but I guess some people like doing it
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
I have a friend who literally lives in the woods near a pond surrounded by stands of maples, oaks, beeches, etc. I spent 3 years there living in the apartment next door, and it was nothing short of spectacular. Yet, she insists on driving north to see "the color." I don't get it either.
Wow, this is outside your front door? How lovely!! We are in Southern California . . . it's still either green or brown here - though there are scattered areas here and there that have that touch of autumn. I'd like to go where the autumn colors are spectacular someday . . . I literally only see it through images!!!
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Yup, I opened my front door and took this through the storm door window. I think I'd miss this if I were to ever move to a place where it doesn't happen.
@Raelove If you came here, you'd definitely miss it. I actually walked a bit this morning and thought of your post here . . . yep, nothin' but green and brown around these parts.
It is the same way around here. The colors are everywhere. You don't have to go far to take in the beauty.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
No, and for that, I am thankful.
The tree in the center of your photo is an explosion of fall colors. Really contrasts to the other trees.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
It sure is. It's about half bare now, so I got this photo just in time. Doesn't last long.
@1creekgirl (9900)
Rachel, your photo is stunning!
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, Vicki...
@Dena91 (4176)
When I lived in Boston I would go to Maine and New Hampshire and Vermont in the autumn. Tough to see the colors with all the sky scrappers in the city The colors were always so breath taking. I guess because they are colder and change quicker it seemed the colors were always more vibrant. They are beginning to change here now. I think the peak will be in a couple weeks. Love this time of year. Have a blessed day
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Big city dwellers do have to leave to see this. I'm fortunate in that this part of Maine still has quite a woodsy feel to it.
@RitzzView (2757)
The pic is beautiful... And the last line too...
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you so much...
@RitzzView (2757)
@Raelove welcome
@Fleura (7112)
There is natural beauty everywhere if you just take the time to see it!
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
That's right.
I wish we had more color here. Sadly most of the leaves haven't changed yet, and the ones that have, have turned a bit yellow, then turn brown and drop off..I want to see some brilliant color like we have some years.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
We have color here every year, some years more than others. This was a real banner year, despite the drought.
Ah but blindness and unwillingness to explore is a part of the Human race ! There is lots of color developing here as nights get down to the 40's where green chlorophyll perishes and rich vibrant reds, golds and oranges replace
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
It's quite overpowering at times...
I love that colorful picture, thanks.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
You're welcome, and I'm glad you're feeling better.
same here.We have this in our neighborhood. Most people coming here in NH too see the foliage but also they are hiking in the wood to enjoy the wonderful color of nature. Yes,they travel miles.But look they loved it.They go on a picnic ,walking trail etc. I do not travel it only take an hour there. It is not the same.Sorry.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
I have friends in Florida who love seeing these photos, as this doesn't happen down there.
@hereandthere (28855)
i love your picture. thank you for sharing it. what an amazing place.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
You are welcome...
@mysimplelot (1105)
• Asansol, India
Phot was very beautiful. Actually autumn we get to see some nice colours in Garden. But the view is beautiful.
sometimes folks don't see what's right'n front 'f 'em :) what a gorgeous view! sure wish i'd such out here...danged electric lines prevent me from plantin' such a gift.