The Fog

@CRK109 (14293)
Yesterday morning, I woke up and came into the kitchen to make my coffee. When I sat on the loveseat, I turned and looked out the window and saw...nothing! The world, it seemed, had disappeared. Living up here can be fascinating! I went downstairs and looked out the front door and everything was normal. When I looked up, I saw thick fog surrounding the upper floors of our building. So I came back up and out of every window in my apartment I only saw white. But when I looked straight down, I could see little bits of the ground and houses. It was so bizarre and yet...funny! Can't wait to see what winter weather will be like from my vantage point! -Claudia- image from pixabay
We also had a dense fog yesterday morning, it was due to the humidity in the air.
@CRK109 (14293)
I'm sure our fog is because we had temperatures in the 80s (F) one day and the very next day temps were in the 60s (F). The ground is so warm and the air is cold. It's back again now.
@CRK109 We have cold nights, but during the day, when the sun shines, the ground warms up, so in the morning we have fog.
• Denmark
Fog is spooky to say nothing about it being dangerous.
Milan was known for its dense fog in winter. I know it's weird, but I liked that spooky fog and the chilly air when I was young.
@CRK109 (14293)
Yes, that's very true!
@Dextoi (1961)
Reminds me of The Twilight Zone!
@CRK109 (14293)
hahaha so true!
Wow that's some pretty thick fog.
@CRK109 (14293)
it's back again this morning but the sun hasn't come up yet so the fog has made all the lights look like halos and it's very pretty.
That is bizarre, almost like raining in the front of the building and not in the back. I like to hear you are pretty happy in your new place.
@CRK109 (14293)
Thanks, Jean. I do like it here. This apartment suits me very well. I think my husband would have liked it, although he might have felt claustrophobic since he was so tall! I'm even getting used to the solitude and working through it. So from that aspect, time has been good to me. How are you doing? xoxo
@CRK109 The date is edging ever closer for us. I'm not as good this year as last, more reflective, teary at times unexpectedly. I grabbed at the Disney trip as It will be a good distraction for me on the day. Over all I am fine with the solitude. Much less careful than before. I used to check the locks several times a night and cover up my curtainless kitchen window but now I'm way more comfortable. I'm glad to hear you are too.
The closer you are to water, the more fog you get. It comes from the humidity. I expected more in London, but only saw sun or rain.
@CRK109 (14293)
I think we're getting more fog these days because of the weather changing. We have some pretty thick fog right now, but because the sun is not yet up, I can see all the lights through the fog and it looks so pretty. They seem to be floating in the air!
@CRK109 We had fog this morning! Lol!
@dodo19 (28525)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I always kind of liked fog. It must have been pretty cool to see.
@dodo19 (28525)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@CRK109 Yeah, I can understand that. When the fog is really thick, it can make things feel claustrophobic.
We are known for the fog in our area but it still fascinates me at times. You can look out and not see nothing but white. At night time it has such an eerie feeling.
@CRK109 (14293)
I like it better at night because I can still see the lights through the fog. During the daytime, I can't see anything at all. That can be a bit frightening at times.
@CRK109 Yes it can be.
the fog is heavy, in our city you cannot see such fog here because there are more the ten million persons and a large number of car Produce carbon dioxide .
@CRK109 (14293)
oh that's horrible! Please stay safe!
@CoolPeace (1606)
• Miami, Florida
It will be hard to drive in that.
@CRK109 (14293)
it's very dangerous to drive in the fog because you can't always see other cars around you
You certainly do have a unique vantage point!!! We live in a range house, so living on one floor does not offer different views.
@CRK109 (14293)
I love ranch houses. My husband lived in one when he first moved up here and that was the kind of house I always wanted. Right now, with the leaves turning, I do have a great view of miles and miles of trees changing right before my eyes! So I'm very much enjoying the view.
@Dena91 (3798)
I love the fog. It is strange how it was around the upper apartments and not as much below. Have a blessed day
@CRK109 (14293)
It's back again this morning, but without the sun up yet, it makes all the lights look so pretty! I like having the fog in the darkness a bit better. At least I can see something through it!
@Morleyhunt (17420)
Years ago the weather was changeable. If I looked south, from my living room window, it was pouring rain. If I went into the back of the house and looked out of my bedroom window, the sun was shining. The rain ended in the middle of our house.
@CRK109 (14293)
hahaha I love when that happens! I haven't seen anything like that in a very long time but it's something that never ceases to fascinate!
@sishy7 (27748)
That's some thick fog - can't see anything beyond the trees...
Whoa! That is intense. Drive careful!
@franxav (3858)
Yea, such days are coming!
I do like how the world looks (or hides) in the fog. As long as I don't have to drive.
@Ronrybs (6971)
• London, England
I like a foggy view, especially if I don't have to go out in it!