Winter Is Very Good to Me

1. I am always too hot. I was born hot. I do not like hot of any kind. I am comfortable as can be in winter. 2. I am an introvert. When I walk the pup in the bitter cold and snow, not one person in the neighborhood ventures outdoors when they see us pass by their window to "chat a while!" 3. As an introvert, I love a good blizzard-like day or two because the stores have fewer customers roaming the aisles. I have all-wheel drive. I am there, but most are not. 4. Due to my introvert nature, I can wear a coat with a hood, gloves, boots, sunglasses, and a scarf wrapped around my face. When I am out and about on those cold days, no one recognizes me. 5. Good hair days are mine in winter. Humidity is my hair's enemy. My wavy, curly hair makes my hair uncontrollable when the humidity of summer hits those unmanageable locks of mine. 6. I love tall boots. I am always wearing either tan, black, grey or brown tall boots. 7. My dog loves winter due to her made-for-the-arctic breed. She comes alive in winter. She delights in snow and cold. She frolics. She romps. She plays. She is miserable in summer, but so happy in winter! If my dog is happy, I am happy!! 8. Our garage acts as a refrigerator for my cans of pop, also called soda by others, which means more room in the refrigerator. The cans of pop must be brought inside the house if temps reach 15-below zero. The temperature at which cans of pop burst and spew their contents all over the cars in the garage is 15-below zero. Lesson learned. Photo: Happy Molly!!!
My thoughts are turning to winter also these days it seems. I don't mind the winter, I just don't like the driving in the snow, I'm not very good at it. I'll have to try to remember to get some pictures of Ellie playing in the snow, she has long hair and loves it too-you can show them to Molly for a cyber canine play date!
Oh yes, would love to see photos of Ellie in the snow!! And, a play date of the cyber kind would be lovely for Molly and Ellie. What fun they would have if they could romp together in real life.
@Corbin5 Ellie is surprisingly great with older dogs then she is with the younger ones. Our son takes her to a couple of friend's places where she has play dates, she loves that.
@Juliaacv Ellie is a darling!!!!
@xFiacre (4438)
@corbin5 Cold weather is to be preferred indeed. I love sitting among strangers in winter cafés when there's no need to interact, just observe and retreat into a heavy coat. I can't have hot weather and only go abroad in winter. Thankfully Ireland's always cold.
I am happiest in the company of strangers too. Ireland sounds like a perfect place for those of us who despise the heat.
Amen my friend. I am the same way in most cases.
Yes, I do like being a bit anonymous in winter and having the stores a bit empty makes for happy shopping for me.
I do not like summer, but I cannot say that I like winter too. The beginning of the season, when it's cold, but not so cold that your breath freezes is not too bad, but colder is a pain.
It's either too hot or too cold isn't it!
@LadyDuck Yes, our brains freeze here when the below-zero temps hit. The cold will make your forehead ache if not properly covered.
@annaroselock I know, sometimes we cannot find the perfect temperature.
I am a mixture. Sometimes I am an introvert and at other times an extrovert.
I am that way too. I suppose it depends upon the type of situation we happen to find ourselves. I talk to strangers all the time, but if in a large group of people I know really well, I am not happy.
Me too!
@moffittjc (42999)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm the same way. I think by nature I'm generally introverted, but when the situation calls for it, I can be as extroverted as needed.
We are opposites with weather. I hate cold and I thrive in the heat with shorts and no shoes. I moved to the woods t get away from people and it worked. I do hate going to the stores an people see me and know me and I have to talk when I am in a hurry.
I wear shorts, T-shirts, and no shoes inside the house in winter. My husband is a lover of summer and is all bundled up inside. I do try avoid those who know since I am also in a hurry most of the time. When I have to chat with someone, I try and make it a quick chat.
@Corbin5 the clothing contrast between you and your husband is incredible
@hereandthere Maybe it has to do with circulation??? A mystery to me.
I absolutely love winter too! =) It's my second favorite time of year! My favorite season is the Fall.
Yes, and your winters are rather nice. I do not think I would be happy in a Florida summer, but my husband would.
I love Fall too
@annaroselock Fall works well for me too. It is around 45 degrees now, and I find that very comfortable.
Love that photo of Molly. I like it hot but not humid which is why the desert works for me. I go out in the worst of the heat and find that lots of people are too busy staying indoors with their air conditioners, I haven't run mine in 2 years.
I think I would do better in dry heat. I feel I cannot breathe when the humidity is high hear. My husband could live quite comfortably without air conditioning since he is always cold.
I can't stand humidity @Corbin5 it makes me cough and cough which drives me nuts. Luckily we rarely get humidity and when we do it's probably not nearly as bad as what you get.
@rebelann what is winter like in the desert?
i wish i admired the cold 'f winter 's ya do, hon. alas, i dislike 't immensely. more so since the health failed some years back. cold sends my neuropathy 'nto a hole new level 'f hades :( i've always been cold-natured, yearnin' fer the heat 'f summer to thaw me out. sure looks like ms. molly's havin' a grand time! reminds me'f when we get big snows 'n turn the horses out. some'll run 'n buck, whilst others scoop 'p the freshly fallen wonder 'n then spew't 'nto the air. 'n then there's the 'horse angels' they make 'pon the snow. gigglin' o'er those sodas! the hubs left some'n the truck last year when 'goliath' hit (2 day blizzard) - yepperz, a sticky mess all o'er from the top'f the cab to e'en 'nder the seats, lol.
Yes, in our other house the cars were covered with Diet Coke globs when I forgot to bring them inside. I can imagine you feel so much better in the warm. The humidity and rain of summer does make the injured knee of mine ache like crazy, but doesn't ache in winter. Well, at least we have a season in which we both can avoid some pain. Molly, like the horses, will bury her head in the snow searching for whatever and then snoots the snow into the air.
@Corbin5 quite the mess, eh? 't least t'was'n the outside, lol. the hubs mountain dews coated the inside 'f all windows 'n purty much e'ery nook'n cranny! he thought he'd gotten't all cleaned 'p, but couldn't figure out where that sickenin' sweet smell t'was permeatin' from - such'd e'en spewed 'nto the heater vents :) don't'cha wish ya'd a video camera when she's doin' that? i truly do! i hear ya'n the joint pains 'n humidity, thankfully there aint much 'f that 'round these parts. yes ma'am, 't least we've 't least one season where's we can breath easier.
@crazyhorseladycx. Mountain Dew!!!
• Preston, England
great positive way to think of such cold weather - I still crave being warm though
My husband is always cold; I am always hot. In summer here, I am indoors in air conditioning more than I am outside due to the heat and humidity.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 this makes me think of those German Weather House barometers where if the man is in he lady is out and vice versa
Take a look at my German weather house and how it works.
@arthurchappell It does!!!
@topffer (34159)
• France
15 below zero is in Fahrenheit I suppose ? It is -26° C. I hope that it will never happen here, or the palm trees in the garden would probably die. I like winter, but not that cold.
Where is global warming??? We had -15 last winter, and we probably will have that temperature again. In the past, we have had -25, and that becomes a bit dangerous.
@topffer (34159)
• France
@Corbin5 Global warming is already here : it did not froze last year, we had a lot of rain, and it has not been good for the nature. I think that it will be colder this year. It was very cold this morning, not far to freeze, but the weather is still good during the afternoon, and we have a sunny day.
Molly sure looks happy there.Ms.Ruby also love to run and play in the snow
Yes, Molly, like Ms. Ruby, has so much fun in the snow. Sometimes she will sit in the snow on the patio and become a white dog due to being all covered in snow.
Your like in in a lot of ways for sure. when people see me all bundled head to toe they laugh. You can't tell who I am unless I a going in a building. Then I am major hot and have to strip down before getting in the elevator. I love when I am home with no company coming over. Oh I can't tell you how I love it. I only wish things were different so I can live alone.
Yes, you and I are a lot alike. I just do not like it when that doorbell rings. I am not a big fan of entertaining either. I love being alone in my house. You and I can just find so many things we want to do when alone. I wish you could live alone too.
@Corbin5 When I lived alone I did not answer the door often. It was wonderful. My neighbors know I ignore the door as well. I often wonder if that is good or bad. They have to call my name and often times I still ignore them.
@sharon6345 I do the same thing!!! I have even told my husband, "You answer it. If it is someone for me, tell them I am not here." If my husband is out of town, I do not answer the doorbell.
Although I was born in the hottest of months, a definite summer baby I do enjoy Winter because there are no insects all over, my sinuses don't flare up from excess pollen and I can sit curled up on the couch with jammies and hot cocoa watching 'junk' on the television !
I agree. Summer has too much "stuff" in it that just makes life miserable.
@Corbin5 oooh but I still love wearing as little as possible but still being morally fabric-ked !
That's a lovely picture
Thank you, my friend.
@Corbin5 You're welcome. Molly is very cute! What breed is she?
@annaroselock Molly is part Chow Chow and part German Shepherd. She does not like bows in her hair, but she wanted me to show you her picture.
• New Delhi, India
Even I love winters....what is the lowest temperature you have there?
Well, last winter we had -15 F (-26.1 C). In the past we had had -26 F (-32.2 C). Those extreme cold temps last for a few days and then it gets a bit warmer.
• New Delhi, India
@Corbin5 omg. I have never experienced such low temperature
@amitkokiladitya Well, I do find the cold temps refreshing. I am miserable in the heat.
I guess i would also love to experience winter someday . I also like it cold because the hot weather can trigger my hot flushes . And at least when it's cold i don't have to put my hair in ponytail .
A good hair day is worth some cold and snow, that's for sure!! I was so hot as a kid, and then the hot flashes later in life just made things worse for me.
@Corbin5 Me , my hot flushes too came maybe when i was already 50 . I hope it can go away already .
@SIMPLYD I did some research and the hot flashes can last a lifetime. My mom still had hot flashes in her 80s. I am doomed!
I'm definitely not an introvert, but used to do all that and more in winter. We used to put soda in the garage when we had lots of company, although we have several refrigerators and an upright freezer. They were filled with all the food. I'm sure Molly is much relieved from the heat of summer in the winter. What a great photo of her in her happiness!
Sometimes we cannot find her when snow is falling because she becomes all-white too. She makes a little bed out of snow on the patio and spends her time there. She has 24-hour access to a doggie door, but loves to be in the snow a great deal of the time.
@Corbin5 Lol! That is so cute. Doodles digs igloos, my son packs them tight, and Doodles stays inside while my son shovels. Doodles is my puppycat.
@gudheart (12752)
I much prefer the cold weather than hot...easier to get to sleep at night!
Me too. I love Autumn/Winter time
I agree. We do have air conditioning running in summer, but winter-sleeping is the best for me. An you too!!!
I could be happy the rest of my life if I never went thru winter ever again. I loved living in Hawaii - no winter there.
I would be miserable if temps were warm all the time, but my husband would be delighted.
@Corbin5 The only time it was strange was Christmas - we bought canned snow and sprayed the front of the apartment with it.