16.5 KG .......heck that's heavy

@zweeb82 (5713)
Malaysia
So I brought this desktop back, only the CPU and it's really heavy. Nowadays casings are pretty much lighter compared to the olden days ( yikes, speaking as if I am so old, lol!~ ). Yup, the CPU is nearly 20KG. Had to carry it up stairs 'cause I've moved my workstation up there. Oh, I do computer repairs as well, I forgot to mention, haha!~
I wonder whether it is just a CPU? It sounds very professional for a CPU to be so heavy
@zweeb82 (5713)
Well, ok...technically you are right as CPU stands for Central Processing Unit and it actually refers to the square IC chip which is the brain. But lay people will just refer to CPU as in the casing and everything inside it - the moterboard, the CPU, RAM, PSU ( Power Supply Unit ) and the list goes on, lol!~ The heavy weight normally comes from the casing. In this case, the casing is a good one - very solid. Plus the PSU is also a good one that's why it contributes to the weight.
@zweeb82 I understand it now. As I have seen CPU before and it is just amazing that your CPU is so big and heavy
@zweeb82 (5713)
@youless my client's CPU. Yup it is indeed very big and heavy
That's got to be a good paying job repairing computers.
@zweeb82 (5713)
Not too bad, but it's quite competitive. Most of my clients are by word of mouth