Have you learned something positive from watching animals?

@1hopefulman (25924)
Have you heard about Scarlett, a cat, that rescued her five children (kittens) out of a fire in spite of her serious injuries? Can we learn something from Scarlett or other animals? Notice these verses: Proverbs 6:6 New International Version (NIV) 6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! Matthew 6:26 New International Version (NIV) 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Have you learned something from watching God's creatures?
Courtesy Of: http://trendingzoo.com/mother-cat-walks-through-flames-to-save-kittens/ Read More: http://www.GistOnThis.com This cat in New York might have a b...
• Pleasant Hill, California
What's interesting about the verses you chose is that they're almost contradictory. The first tells us to get off our tushies and be productive. The second tells us that God will provide for us even when we can't be productive. As for animals, I've learned to be calm and let others know that you mean them no harm. Horses became your friends when they know you are not a predator. I think it's the same with people. Especially in this era, many see others as "potential enemies." If you show them, perhaps through friendly conversation, that you are not the enemy, their defenses will drop, and you can be constructive together.
@1hopefulman (25924)
Ants can teach us industriousness, discipline, and putting something away for a rainy day. Birds can teach us that we never need to despair as God can provide for us under all circumstances. Birds are also very hard workers, they get up early and search hard for food. Thanks for your observations on horses. We can lean from them!
Apache Native Americans. 60,397 likes · 936,935 talking about this. Community
• Pleasant Hill, California
@1hopefulman It's a pleasure. I always enjoy your posts. Very true about birds. I've watched them search for food all day. Teach their young to fly. Dive bomb cats to protect their young.
• Asansol, India
@TheHorse Birds are lovely when you give food to them. Watching them grow is a fun.I take pics of them.
@Ayuriny (5178)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Many things we can learn from them. Scarlett showed us what a pure love is.
@1hopefulman (25924)
Scarlett is like many mothers, self-sacrificing! Do you have or have you had any pets?
@Ayuriny (5178)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@1hopefulman Yeah. It's a self-sacrificing. I have some cats, and they seem to love each other.
@ms1864 (6996)
• Bangalore, India
What i learnt from my pets over the years is to relax and love unconditionally.
• Asansol, India
Yes watching pets also relaxes us. But they are generally found outdoors.
@1hopefulman (25924)
@ms1864 Great! There is always something we can learn. Man saw birds fly and now we have airplanes, etc.
Yes of course to be much more aware of our surroundings and to be kinder even if it will not be reciprocated . . . thanks Felix and good to hear from you again
@1hopefulman (25924)
Scientists are continually studying the earth's creatures and learning from them, whether it is how birds fly, how fish swim or just a small firefly blinking on a summer's eve. We can learn so much!
@1hopefulman everyday and it is so refreshing when something new is added to the 'mind catalog', thanks for this and have a great day
@april_ang (578)
do you guys know small house lizard...? they eat ants or flies or mosquitoes or any tiny flying insects. that's wonderful... I should never worry about foods..
@1hopefulman (25924)
So they make good house-cleaners?
@1hopefulman hahahaa... I didn't think of that before.. sure, they do. more of reasons to keep them in the house, I guess..
@nanette64 (17080)
• Fairfield, Texas
OMG @1hopefulman ; poor Scarlett. What a brave Momma she was.
@1hopefulman (25924)
Yes, she cared more for her children than herself. Glad she survived!
@nanette64 (17080)
• Fairfield, Texas
@1hopefulman Oh, me too!!
Noble creatures animals are. So many valuable lessons they teach when observed. Evil rarely lurks in the hearts of animals.
@1hopefulman (25924)
I have see all kinds of animals respond to human kindness but we are now living in an unbalanced world since Noah's flood and while we can learn much from animals we have to be realistic and be cautious with many animals. Has Molly taught you anything?
Diply. 4,898,427 likes · 1,982,795 talking about this. Diply.com is the second largest social entertainment website, dedicated to connecting you with the...
@1hopefulman Molly has taught me to all nature has to offer to its fullest.
The best thing I've learned from having a dog, was unconditional love.
@1hopefulman (25924)
Great! Do you have an experience to relate that would demonstrate how unconditional love was displayed by your dog?
@1hopefulman I've had two dogs and both were so happy to see me when I got home from work. They don't demand anything from you, other than to go out and do their business or have food and water in their bowl. Yet, they will gladly take anything you want to give them - especially a car ride. They both loved to just hang out with me and loved those tummy rubs too. Rascal was the dog I had the longest - 14 years and we would get into a conversation every night. It was so funny. My barking like a dog and he answering. Pip didn't play that game, but she was such a great companion. It was a sad day for me when I had to put them down. Rascal 6 or 7 years ago and Pip this past January. It was the hardest day in my life.
@1hopefulman (25924)
@just4him Thanks for relating the joy you had from these two friends!
Yes, from those kittens we should learn that we should always be caring and loving and protective of our children . They are our life .
@1hopefulman (25924)
Yes, that mother cat was a wonderful example of how much we should love and protect our children.
@Jenning (2023)
• Nigeria
Sometimes I wonder, how these little animals teach we big guys a lot. Lolllzzzzz
@1hopefulman (25924)
Of course, there are animals that are a lot bigger than us, such as elephants, hippopotamuses and whales to name a few.
@Jenning (2023)
• Nigeria
@1hopefulman Lol. They aren't bigger than your mind. Are theY?
In the animal kingdom each animal takes care of their own. Which is great.
@1hopefulman (25924)
I found it interesting when some animals adopt different kinds of animals, like a cat adopting ducks, etc.
@mom210 (6526)
• Atlanta, Georgia
There are many animals that are very loving, dogs come to mind.
@1hopefulman (25924)
So true, many are!
@swissheart (6273)
we get to learn many good things watching animals. I was surprised with the love they show to their cubs
@1hopefulman (25924)
So true! Many of our inventions come from observing animals, like the airplane and the submarine.
@KnehKnah (3475)
Thank you for these words of wisdom, my friend! And yes, I learn from our dogs & cats, simply by watching, playing with & feeding them.
@1hopefulman (25924)
You are welcome! It seems that God has hidden some wisdom and delights in creation and we learn so much by observing. Job 12:7 New International Version (NIV) 7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
@1creekgirl (9899)
I think sometimes animals have more compassion than humans. We saw a line of ducks crossing the pasture behind our house and at the end of the line, the littlest ones couldn't keep up. The very last one and the tiniest of all just sat down, too exhausted to go on. The little one that was a ways ahead of him turned around, saw his buddy in distress, waddled back to him, sat down beside him for a minute until they both could get up and head towards the other ducks. It was just amazing the concern that little duckling showed for his friend. I wished a thousand times we had been able to film it.
@1hopefulman (25924)
Interesting event! That would have made a nice video. Yes, there are things to learn from the animal creation.