Who didn't experience heartbreak?

@sol_cee (8681)
Isle Of Man
My sister broke up with her long time boyfriend of seven years and she was a wreck. For the first few weeks, social media was her outlet. Posting stuff which intentionally (or not) pointed out her being jilted. I advised her against doing so. A heated conversation climaxed when I told her pointblank that the world doesn't care about her heartache. At all. Instead she just made herself a laughingstock. She cried buckets and I offered her a virtual hug. I did experience heartbreak. Many times. And I was even more pathetic than my sister. But of course I won't tell her that. I just wish that she will come out of this tragedy in one piece.
@ChesneyM (5003)
Two of my sisters (the younger ones) divorced after their 7 year itch! (For your information, lots of people also moving house after 7 yrs). Number 7 must have some significance since it was used quite a bit in the Bible too... (Sad, hearing about your sister's heartbreak. There must be a better Mr Right coming her way, tell her to be ready!)
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
What's this 7 year itch?
@ChesneyM (5003)
@sol_cee There is a strong belief that couples tend to break up after the one year itch, or 3 year itch, or the MOST COMMON one, 7-year itch... It is the time when couples get so sick of each other, and can't bear with each other's faults any more. The belief is, if one could get over that hurdle (that 7-yr itch), the marriage could be considered as smooth sailing from then (until they meet other minor ones ten-yr itch, 15-yr itch, etc).
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
@ChesneyM I thought its another kind of itch caused by a third party.
Heart broken, frustrations, disappointments... people nowadays chose social media to air out their pain. What happened to serious girl talks with girlfriends?
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
No more serious girl talks where we plot a cold bloody end for the lowly guy who hurt our girl friend.
bless her heart, i feel fer her. 7 years's a long time to've invested'n a relationship. i hope she realizes once the smoke clears that she's better off. noperz, facebook 'n all other social media aint the place to air that dirty laundry. love the pic! makes't nice to know that some're still happy 'n takin' those picnics together'n the park'n their 'well-seasoned' years.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
That's what I told her. That 'forever' still exists. :)
It is best not to expose our personal pain on the net, one never knows where it will end up.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Some people like PDA.
@salonga (26307)
I'm glad your sister has a wiser sister like you. Using the social media as outlet for heartaches will not do her any good.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Wiser..Aging..lol
@salonga (26307)
@sol_cee Getting wiser while aging , well that should be the case.
@fazelath (1185)
I think most of the persons at one point in life would experience it. And how they cope up is different. Though it's very difficult to come out of a long break up. After a break up, the more the person cries the more the person becomes weak.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Sounds like you've been there and done that.
@fazelath (1185)
@fazelath sorry this response by mistake
@miniam (9391)
• Bern, Switzerland
Many reasons l do not care about Facebook.People going there to announce their sadness/happiness.Come on, no one cares,people have their issues to deal with,they dont go crying in facebook. Im NOT active privately on facebook and don't care about it, but l do go look from outside (like looking from a window outside in)to see what people are talking about.Saw my sister`s message that her husband is having an affair and i thought *grow up no one gives a hoot. Another time l saw my cousin just broke up with her boyfriend, she kept going on and on about it and l thought what a sad lonely world we are living in,what happened to sharing your heartache with a friend who cares.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
The human emotion is one post away on FB.
@miniam (9391)
• Bern, Switzerland
@sol_cee I hope it never gets there for me,i`d hate to share my breakup with people who couldn't care less.
FB is her way of dealing with it. We all handle heartbreak differently. Maybe she needs for her family and friends to help her through it. She is hurt and reaching out. She will be fine. It just takes times. Seven years is a long time to just get over.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Seven years is like forever. Time will be her foe and friend.
@sol_cee that is true
It can be difficult:/
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Because?
That is a great photo. It must be bad for your sister , wishing that things get better soon ...as they definitely will for her.Her Mr Right is somewhere around.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Or she can focus on her dreams. The heart can rest for a while.
I love your photo and the elderly love birds! Time heals all, and I hope it heals your sister soon.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
It delights me to see elderly love birds. Surely warms the heart.
@PatZAnthony (4552)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Everyone feels heart ache or a broken heart in live. This is not something that can be escaped.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
No one is exempted. True.
@JustBhem (5443)
She will eventually heal in no time.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
In time.
@acelawrites (8218)
It could really break her heart because they had been in a relationship for 7 years! Yes, you are right when you advised her not to post about it in social media. There's lots of trolls there!
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Trolls. lol I guess 'trolling' will become a new word in the dictionary.
@5thHouse (1764)
• Sheffield, England
Oh, your poor sister. Seven years is a long time. I agree though, social media is not the best outlet. She would be better off just pouring things out in private emails and phone calls to her closest friends. Facebook is just one big audience and the best thing you can do for yourself is put on a dignified face and not let them all see how you're hurting, because it only invites gossip and rumor-spreading and people taking sides, which often turns ugly and makes an already tough situation worse. I hope in time she will feel stronger.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
You just have painted the bigger picture I wanted her to see.
@ms1864 (8066)
• Bangalore, India
Yeah...after a while...people will stop caring...they have their own lives to get on with. photo is cute.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Sto caring and continue gossiping.
Well, perhaps you did give her that advice to save her from having to endure even more suffering. Constantly mentioning something makes it even harder for one to heal, I believe.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
Plain torture.
@vandana7 (49832)
Aw...to each his or her own way...I don't think the world does not care...but it helps to let the pain out.
@sol_cee (8681)
• Isle Of Man
She can have a diary.
@ridingbet (15385)
trust takes years to build, minutes to break, and forever to repair
@puroypoi (279)
• Cainta, Philippines
It is really hurtful at first but time will come that it will heal her wounds brought by heartbreak.