Yesterday the student, today the teacher

Pixabay Public Domain photo
@CoralLevang (13844)
It has been nine months since I have been in front of a classroom full of students. This morning, in each of two classes, I will do it again. I am a bit nervous. I have been asked to be the guest speaker for 8 and 9 a.m. business classes at one of the community colleges in Lakewood (an hour away). I met the instructor when she came through one of my classes when she was retiring from the military. I am teaching the portion of what I developed called "A New Look at Who You Are." I sent out a 7-page handout so it could be printed ahead of time. Have I prepared for this? No, not by most people's standards. I will be "winging it," as is said. Yet, I would have to argue that I have been preparing for this all my life. This is what I do. This is my passion. Today, I get to live it again. (I just hope that I don't fall flat on my face, both literally and figuratively! I haven't been in a skirt and heels but twice in a year!)
@montero (4728)
I believe you will wow them with you teaching. Just ensure you speak with confidence and add a little humor if you can so it can be lively
@CoralLevang (13844)
Thank you, I appreciate your support. I have been in a classroom situation for nearly twenty years of my life. So it'll be like riding a horse since it's only been nine months ago
You have it all inside of your head, just have to throw it out there in a logical manner. I doubt you will fall flat on your face, but, if you do, you will pick yourself up and do better the next time. A little levity in the way of a teacher falling flat on their face might be of help. You never know.
@CoralLevang (13844)
Like riding a bicycle...
@CoralLevang ......Yes, that is the way of it.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I am about three or four days behind. Hope it went well for you.
@CoralLevang (13844)
It was wonderful. It energized me in ways that I have not felt in a long time.
• Pensacola, Florida
Well don't fall. And make sure you get Starbucks afterwards as a treat.
@CoralLevang (13844)
Exactly. I think that I made the decision not to break my neck trying to get back from my Spanish class. I've already emailed my professor and let her know that I was likely not going to be there.
Wishing you the best of luck in remaining upright!!!! Sounds like a wonderful presentation you will be making!
You will do just fine! I am glad that you are getting to talk to students again. I am sure you have an impact on man. You got this!
@Jackalyn (3910)
• Oxford, England
You will be fine. I am glad you get to stand in front of a class again. I do preach, but teaching a subject in a class is different and I miss it sometimes. Maybe you will inspire me to look and see if there is anything I could do. I look forward to hearing how it went for you.
Hope everything goes well.