Nourishing, Life Giving RAIN!

Paradise, California
Going to sleep and waking up to the sound of rain is so wonderful! Yes folks, it's raining in Northern California and we are all so grateful. There is supposed to be a break in it tomorrow and then more storms coming through and more rain for several days. What is your attitude about rain? Is your are getting enough or too much?
Since I was a small child I always loved that earth got a bath. I still feel the same way.
• Paradise, California
I have this favorite smell from childhood, the rain hitting the warm pavement in big drops. I still love that smell and it brings back a memory of staying in a motel with my Nana. I was playing on the swingset they had outside and Nana had to call me in when it began to rain. I can still smell the rain on the pavement. It's funny how memories come back like that.
@CinnamonGrl Yes here there is an ally where people piss a lot. It smells awful but the rain would wash it and I could always think of how nice that was. That ally is the short cut to the shopping center.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yey rain! It rained a little bit here last night. I adore rain.
• Paradise, California
Oh, in Arizona too? Good deal!
• Peoria, Arizona
@CinnamonGrl It was only a tad bit, probably about 10 minutes, but the sound was nice!
Glad to hear that you are getting some much needed rain. We had lots of rain but we are expecting more on Friday. I don't mind rain. When I was a kid I use to like to play in the rain but now I just stay inside where it is dry.
• Paradise, California
I said I was going to go dance in it, but my knee is acting up LOL
@CinnamonGrl lol maybe another time
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
I love rain unless I'm caught in it when I'm out on my bike.
• Paradise, California
Yeh, that's the thing, I don't have to go out in it to work anymore. I can enjoy it while I'm nice and cozy.
@PainsOnSlate (16211)
I love to hear the rain hitting the roof when I'm trying to sleep. It puts me to sleep like a baby being rocked. It rained here yesterday too but it rains here in Canada much more than you see so I'm glad you got some, and hope you get more.
• Paradise, California
We'e had quite a bit off and on t he last several days. And it's forecast still for today and tomorrow.
@OreoBrownie (2212)
• Winder, Georgia
Yes it is good. I've heard of forest fires in California.
• Paradise, California
It was a bad summer. We did have to evacuate here once.
I'm so glad California is finally getting rain. We have plenty here.
• Paradise, California
It should all be more equitable, lol
Glad that you are getting some rain. We are okay here.
• Paradise, California
That's good!
We usually get all the rain we need in my state of IL. I can only remember a few times when rain was needed here.
• Paradise, California
Now it's Wednesday and I htink we're supposed to get a break in the rain today, then back to it tomorrow.
@silvermist (16181)
@CinnamonGrl No,we are not getting enough rain.I like to listen to and to watch rain.
• Paradise, California
I hope you can get some soon. And no flooding!
I do not have an attitude with the rain.Right now we are glad to see if.To help ease the drought and water ban.No issues here
• Paradise, California
Droughts and rationing aren't fun
@quantum2020 (6948)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The rainy season has already finished here, We had big storms, good enough to refill the acuifers and water the crops.
• Paradise, California
Glad to hear you got plenty.
@5thHouse (1764)
• Sheffield, England
Rain is wonderful after a hot, sticky spell. At the moment though I'm hoping the rain holds off for my evening run.
• Paradise, California
I wish you zero rain till you get back!
@ShifaLk (1297)
Hello, where are you? I was missing you but didn't remember your name but suddenly I remembered n found you. How are you? Where are you!?
• Eugene, Oregon
If you live in Oregon, you had better not mind the rain. We too have had far too little in the past two or three years and are glad to see this wet year. I am hoping for no more ice or snow here in western Oregon though.
@LoriAMoore (10526)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It's been pouring down here for several days.
@FayeHazel (4456)
I love sleeping while it's raining, too
@averygirl72 (8183)
As of today it's quite raining here. I feel lazy when it's raining but I love the cool temperature.
@AliCanary (1287)
We haven't gotten very much the past couple of months, which is actually somewhat good for me personally, as I have a roof leak and the work hasn't been scheduled, yet. But in general, I think we do need more precipitation, definitely. As soon as my roof gets fixed, it can pour down!
@Shellyann36 (6436)
It has been raining off and on here since last night. I love rain. It is wonderful to listen to.