Why Did I Sit Down?

Life is incredibly hectic right now, I'd make a guess that it is quite possibly the most busy I have ever been in my years of motherhood. Mostly, the increased chaos is due to the fact that I'm juggling a part-time job with the normal craziness. The part-time job is what you could call seasonal because it is a catering company that hits its busy, busy season from about October through December. After that, all will calm down (and the money source will dry up). In addition to that, I'm planning my daughter's 13th birthday party for this Friday night followed by my son's 15th birthday party in 2 weeks. The daughter's party shall be a slumber party with a bit of a halloween theme since her actual birthday is on Halloween. Due to working, getting my house caught up & more clean than dirty has been a challenge! Today, I'm working hard on some cleaning around here before I have to leave for work around 2:15pm. I was being quite productive. Then the kids begged for lunch. So we sat down to eat. I enjoyed some leftover gnocchi which was yummy. My problem is that NOW I do not want to get up. I became a little too cozy when kicked my feet up... Alas, I really do need to get off my bottom and get back to my housework.
@KristenH (11935)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Wow you're a busy person with two birthday parties back to back. Nice Halloween costumes for your kids. Hope things turn out okay with you real soon.
I read just the other day here that another is sharing your daughter's birthday. That is nice. My nephew's fathers is the same birthday
it's a fun day for a birthday
@jillybean1222 That is good.
@dodo19 (20440)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Life can really be chaotic, when you have to juggle both work and family. It's not always easy, but somehow we find a way to deal with it.
yes, i do not know how full-time working moms do it... though between my two par-time gigs, it equals full
@dodo19 (20440)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@jillybean1222 I'm not quite sure how some full-time working moms do. I'm not sure how you do it with two part time jobs.
I'm sure your job will help pay for those two birthdays! I've been busy in a different way.
exactly... that's what i keep telling my kiddos
@mom210 (5254)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am so happy you are doing this part time job. I know you were wanting to do something so this sounds like just what the Dr ordered. Seasonal is perfect for your life right now. Don't worry you can always catch up on everything else later, hang in there.
yes, it is a good thing. i would like it to be a little more consistent in the off-months, but i'll take what i can get right now. i'm a little bummed they changed my assignment for tonight... i'll probably work about half as many hours as i was scheduled.... oh well. as busy as i am, i'll try to look at that as a blessing.
@mom210 (5254)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@jillybean1222 that is a great way to look at it, love the positive attitude.take care
• Riga, Latvia
A wonderful picture. Hope the birthday parties work out well. I know how hard it can be to do housework when you also have to go to work. Does your daughter and son still go out trick or treating since they are in their teens?
@1creekgirl (4352)
What a wonderful photo! Life really is hectic at times.
@HazySue (8632)
Yes, once you sit down for a few minutes it is so hard to get yourself up and moving again. I find I lose my momentum and no longer want to do anything.
@JESSY3236 (3519)
lol I hate that too to get all comfy and not want to get back up.
A lot of celebrations coming soon, not to mention the Halloween party. You have a lot of work to do.
• Rochester, New York
It's always good to stay busy, but don't get too busy to where you make yourself sick.
• Eugene, Oregon
You do have a lot on your plate, even more than usual these days, but you can handle it too.