Property taxes..

There are good things about owning a house. when I think about the appliances breaking down and property taxes I am blessed to rent. You know i have heard people say renting gives you nothing. But buying a home gives you stability. well I am not going to ever agree with that. I respect everyone's views though I don't agree. renting has provided me shelter and something to save. Just as fast as one can buy a house they could lose it. Causing them to only be able to rent. Being house poor is no laughing matter either. Not to mention some people have run down homes with no heat in the winter. While that is good they own a house what kind of living is that for anyone..
I paid cash for the hose that I bought four months ago. No house payments make it worth it to us.
do you have to pay taxes eve with it being paid for? That much I don't know.
@sallypup (23410)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@story07 Our place is paid off, too. Starting all over is something we are not too keen to do but might cause of many reasons. That's great that you were able to pay cash for your present house.
@yukimori (8685)
@sharon6345 Yeah, you do. Property taxes are totally separate from the balance of a mortgage, and they have to be paid annually.
@yukimori (8685)
When you rent, the landlord has to take care of the problems. When you own your own home, you have to deal with everything yourself. Forget the money, I don't have the time to worry about fixing stuff when it needs attention. At this point I'm all about letting someone else deal with that headache. Sure, I'd like to be able to remodel and stuff, but not having to worry about maintenance at this point wins out for sure.
That is the best part of renting to me.
I have done both and I prefer renting. It was nice to have the privacy of your own home but yes it can be pretty costly. When I divorced a number of years ago the house went up for sale and I moved into an apartment. I don't mind renting at all. It is cheaper for me to do so.
I trust in that as I know people who can't afford to heat their home. Roof falling apart. everything.
@sharon6345 sadly there are many people in that position
@sallypup (23410)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Yep its property tax time. And if you don't get the taxes paid on time you'll quickly get dunned with interest, too.
That is a high bill for some people.