Sales Recap: Sold 3 items today! + Lot's of flakers/inquiries!

This morning I woke up to 2 sales & 1 offer that I accepted for a total of 3 sales! That doesn't happen too often, so I was pretty happy today! On Poshmark I sold: - New in box - Leather Sandals - New with tags - Michael Kors Satchel (for my aunt), She is going to give me commission for helping her sale her bag which is nice. - New with tags - Men's INC Jacket that I bought my boyfriend but we didn't like how it looked (the style) AND, I received a lot of inquiries on several items but they didn't purchase yet. So let's see .. But it does get annoying when people 'low ball' me then, we will compromise on a price & I adjust the price for them and they don't purchase. Or, they tell me after if I could 'hold it for them' until a later day. I don't like it when people waste my time. On the bright side, hopefully more sales tomorrow! I added some new items I sell on Poshmark/Mercari App (US only) - essentially you can sell new/pre-loved clothes, shoes, accessories, and on Mercari it is more flexible for clothes in additional to household items, toys, electronics & etc.
@moffittjc (43993)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's always a nice feeling when you can get a sale! It's probably put you in a good mood for the rest of the day!
No sales today but that's fine. :)
@moffittjc (43993)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Don't give up hope! Those sales will come soon!
@moffittjc I'm not giving up hope :) I do pretty well with the sales
You sold good stuff. You can imagine sales from stuff like that.
Thank you! Yes! Sales were good though the site takes 20% commission automatically!
@infatuatedbby That is awesome. I hope you make more.
@sharon6345 Thank you! Me too :)
@zarlamain (25166)
Way to go on the three sales! Wow, really? They should appreciate the fact that you even bother comprising with them. And then they don't even buy from you or tell you to hold the items. So annoying. Good luck with your sales!
Yes, just my vent but they're SO annoying!
@zarlamain (25166)
@zarlamain when I vent I feel better :)
@HazySue (21838)
That's great news. Congrats on the sales. I too become extremely impatient when people try to low3ball me and then don't hold up their end of the bargain.
Thank you! I even got a low baller bid today 'offer' and then they go never mind. It was not like I would even consider their bid anyway! Waste of time!
@HazySue (21838)
@infatuatedbby there are people out there that just play the game of "Let's see how low I can get them to go".
@HazySue Yes I know! Or just want to play around for fun.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How is it different from good ol' eBay? I don't like people wasting my time either. But it happens when you're trying to sell stuff.
I've never sold on eBay but I imagine it the same everywhere Either buy it or don't but can't always get what I want.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@infatuatedbby On eBay you bid against others. Sometimes there's a "bidding war" near the end of an auction.
@TheHorse Ooohhh! I don't know if I like that kind of selling method =)
You know I'm so happy for you! I think that's a great way to get rid of unwanted items and a great way to earn money.
Thank you It's a great way to declutter and use that money toward new items!
@infatuatedbby Even better!
@DianneN Yes its been going well :)
That sounds great! I hope you will have more selling online
Thank you! I hope so too And because of your watch post I went to look for my Apple Watch. I found it but now I need to find the box to post up and try to get some money back. It was a waste of $$, lol.
@infatuatedbby Selling that iWatch is a good idea. It must be sold in a good price
@youless yes I hope to get at least $100 Now since there is a new version people won't pay that much for the first generation
@silvermist (20080)
@infatuatedbby Good to know your sales are picking up.Congratulations.
Thank you
@silvermist (20080)
@infatuatedbby You are welcome.
@ricki_911 (19567)
• Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like you have been busy!. I haven't had anything to sell ??.
Yes! Lots of cleaning :)
@dramagirl26 (3359)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I've heard a lot of people talk about Poshmark, but I've never used it. I've got a bunch of jewelry I'm trying to sell so maybe I'll give it a shot.
I would recommend Poshmark or Mercari (Right now Mercari isn't taking commission) I've had success on both sites. :)
Hold it for them. People think you're Nordstrom's or something!
Ive had bad experience with holds - they don't buy it!
I hope you continue to sell lots of stuff.
Thank you! You too on eBay!
Do you sell to make a profit? Or is it more to get rid of excess things you have?
I sell to get rid of my shopping habits of items I no longer like (sometimes even with tags), some items for family/friends, or pre-loved items I used but still in good condition because of the brand =) I sometimes get profit, sometimes break even, or sometimes at a lost but given I used it ~ it's not so bad =)
Do you make money or sell at a loss?
Depends on the items :) It could be for profit or at a lost! For instances my aunts purse was at a lost! She paid more but it's a year old! I wasn't able to sell it for what she paid but she's thankful for any amount because she can't return it as it was an outlet bag
That's great!
Thanks!!
I've only sold things on Ebay and never heard of either Poshmark or Mercari. Happy to hear that you're making sales
I never sold on eBay but I may consider trying. Poshmark and Mercari are apps. Poshmark takes 20% and Mercari takes 0% commission until November 21.
Congratulations on more new sales
Thanks! I hope more to come. I had one today make an offer on a pair of new sandals, then goes 'never mind cancel'. I would have made a remark but I'll let it go. It was at a ridiculously low price
@AkoPinay (10029)
Wow! We're happy for you! There are always annoying people that's why I forget selling.
Thank you!! Yes, I know - those are just the things I have to deal with.
• New Delhi, India
All the best dear.....hard work always pays back
Thank you so much