Will you touch a dog or cat in the street?

dog or cat
Guangzhou, China
Although I like cats and dogs. But most of the time I still won't touch a dog in the street, especially those dogs without masters. As I am afraid that they will bite me since they are not familiar with me. However, I always think that cats are tame and almost will not attack people on purpose. So I like to touch them. On Monday morning I saw a cat on my way to work. I "say hello" to her and she didn't go away. I was surprised that she was not afraid of a stranger. Then I came closer her and then I fondled her. The cat seemed to enjoy it a lot OK, finally I had to leave and went to work, this cat still followed me for a long way
@stbrians (11834)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Oh, no. I may not know what it is
• Bhubaneshwar, India
come on they won't bite you.....they would know you are a good person and also a friend of mine which is most important !!!
Perhaps you know more about lions?
@stbrians (11834)
• Kakamega, Kenya
It all depends on the behavior of the animal, if they are nice I do, but if they are mean no.
It is reasonable
@Ayuriny (5192)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
I'll glance at the cats first. If they look tame, I'll touch them. I use to touch some cats in the market when I meet them. . I rarely touch dogs as I've never had any dogs as my pets. I'm just not used to touch dogs, not because I'm afraid of the dogs.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
have to touched any monkey ????
@Ayuriny (5192)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@princemaxp I need to learn to do it first. ...Will you teach me? ..
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@Ayuriny sure....you just have to think them as your friend....
@princemaxp (2068)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
let it be wild animals or tamed animals, all of them can recognise a caring person and they won't hurt that person. I have experienced this.....
I think they may sense whether the person is nice or not.
@yani73 (393)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
Yes i think i like touch dog but the little dog Because its behaviour make me funny with the cute face
Sometimes we are afraid of the big dogs.
@yani73 (393)
• Pakanbaru, Indonesia
@youless yea Even less their put outside the tusk
@Jenning (2029)
• Nigeria
That's cul, but I wouldn't do any of that. Probably for hygienic purposes.
Perhaps I like them so that I don't think they are dirty.
@Jenning (2029)
• Nigeria
@youless Uhmmm. That's cul
Well, in the suburbs of Chicago, dogs and cats are not allowed to roam. All dogs and cats must be on-lease if outside the home, and they must be in backyards that are fenced. Never have run into a stray dog here, and come to think of it, all kitties that escape the fenced yard or house, belong to someone.
I think it is a necessary rule for dogs to be on-lease when they go out. It can not only protect others, but also the dogs themselves. Many dogs die because they suddenly run across the roads.
@youless So true. Even cats are safer on-leash or indoors.
@riti111 (60)
Nope i will not tough because one day i was going to school on that morning i saw a dog and i just came closer to him to pat that dog he was so cute but i don't no why he just started barking on me i was very scared and he started running behind me i can't forget that day.
Yeah, a barking dog is very horrible. I think sometimes dogs like to bully little children.
@youless hmm i am also a kid lol that's why he barked at me.
There are lots of mongrels and stray cats in our neighborhood but I won't dare touch them especially the dogs. It seems like all the dogs in the neighborhood have skin disorder.
They may be homeless.
@Ritu96 (912)
• Sonipat, India
i m afraid of both dog and cat....lol
How come? Some of them are very nice. In fact they may afraid of humans much more
@salonga (27961)
I am afraid to be bitten by these animals so I don't really touch them unless they are my own pets.
Cats are fine with me
@Daljinder (19622)
Absolutely not! Are you crazy? I am scared of ALL the street animals.
I still think that usually cats are very tame.
@yugocean (3808)
No, because the same. By the way, If you give them some love, they will follow you. Now you have to give that cat something to eat and give some love every time you get there.
I don't mind giving food to these animals. The bad thing is I can't see them often.
Some of strays are very friendly and will come up to people. I will feed them if I have any food and they come up to me. Most of the time I call to the animals and if it comes over I pet it, if it just stops and stares then I just stare back at it and keep calling it til it decides if I am safe to be around & comes up to me or it walks away. If I call and it walks away then that is it.
You seem to have lots of experience to animals
@quantum2020 (8274)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
I sometimes pass my over over a cat or dog that I come across. They are very docile
I like cats and dogs.
@Ruchitha (133)
• Bangalore, India
When i was a kid,i use to get puppies on road to home. I was not afraid of its response but my mom use to not allow them.So use to play and let it on roads again.
Puppies are very adorable
@epiffanie (8350)
If they are friends dogs and cats, it's okay to pat them or just say hello to them ,,
Yes, nobody will know more other pets except for their masters.
I won't dare to touch them.
Cats are fine with me.
@boiboing (12527)
• Northampton, England
I stop and talk to all the cats and dogs I pass when I'm in the UK. Currently on holiday in a country with rabies, I just have to admire them from a distance.
In fact yesterday and today morning I also went to the same road since I wanted to meet that cat again. But she didn't show up