News Casters Are Supposed To Be UnBiased

Truly, I don't remember when newscasters were more biased. CNN and FOX are really bad. I thought as new anchors and reporters, they are supposed to stay unbiased. It's been just the opposite. They need to not do this when they are on on TV.
The should not be biased but they all are, most of them anyway.
@KristenH (21238)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I used to watch Fox News with my mother, when she had it on, most of the time. I agree.
• Olney, Illinois
Reporters are supposed to deal with facts, and not personal opinions...but most of them choose to deal only with facts that agree with their personal opnion
@anniepa (27121)
You're right, JJ, REPORTERS are supposed to be unbiased and deal only with facts. Most straight reporters do just that but most of the news personalities on the 24 hour cable news networks aren't straight reporters, they're analysts, pundits, opinion journalists or whatever term they choose to use.
I do believe those in the media are the most biased people around. That is why we should ignore what comes out of their mouths.
@Dena91 (3792)
This is why we haven't watched news in years. Tired of not being told news but rather their agenda.
@anniepa (27121)
Where do you get your information if you don't watch the news? Just wondering...
@Dena91 (3792)
@anniepa I mostly read news online. I search out different news sources, not just the main ones. As far as watching, I don't like listening to the newscasters because of their agendas, pushing their opinions instead of bringing the news.
They are just suppose to report the news but they report the way they want to and not the way they are suppose to.
well they are parroting what they are told to parrot, so it's not the reporters and anchors as much as the station execs backing this or that thing, I do agree though, I hate the news bias
the media needs to be tarred'n feathered. they spread garbage quicker'n a high plains wind storm'n spring!
I have noticed this too
There's a lot of bias in news casting. It's a shame.
@HazySue (17568)
I agree they ar33e supposed to be unbiased. Too bad they are not.
@egdcltd (5921)
It's a real problem when they are biased but pretend they aren't. I read that old (nineteenth century?) British newspapers were extremely biased, but never claimed to be otherwise, which is more acceptable.
@Asylum (48093)
• Manchester, England
Unfortunately the news channels and newspapers are extremely biased, which is the core of the problem.
@sol_cee (13979)
• Japan
And many people are wrongly uninformed because of them.
@CoralLevang (16166)
I remember being in school when I was a young girl and hearing about just how wonderful it would be to be a journalist and be unbiased. I thought that was so interesting! And in the days that I was young I think there still was journalism from that perspective. Of course, we all have our own biases, but the goal was to be as unbiased as possible so that people made their own decisions. It was at the height of critical thinking. But media has changed over the years, especially with the Advent of Television being in everyone's home. That's started years ago and because we had the visual on top of it, it became a very fertile environment for persuasion. And sometimes, insidiously so. The journalist that I always wanted to be was put to sleep a very long time ago... First because of a lack of support by those who were supposed to be encouraging me in my early days, and then also by what has evolved over the years.
• Preston, England
media bias is rife globally sadly
@LoriAMoore (7553)
Journalism has degraded in the last 10 years for sure.
@anniepa (27121)
It can be traced directly back to the advent of Fox News and before that the deluge of right-wig radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh. Some people actually think they get "facts" from these people!
@anniepa (27121)
I think a lot of people don't understand the difference between newscasters/straight reporters and opinion journalists. Since we now have all these 24/7 cable news networks they need to fill all those hours so they all have their various shows, particularly in prime time, where they'll have an anchor person and various guests on the air to engage in panel discussions about the issues of the day. It's up to us the viewers to decide who we trust and whose opinions we respect.