I Love Seeing Karma At Work In Real Life.

“According to the theory of Karma, what happens to a person, happens because they caused it with their actions.” this quote from the link below. Karma - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Yesterday we crossed the border to do some shopping and to see the colors on the Allegheny Mountains. At the border crossing, going home, my driver made a wrong turn and found himself having to cross a line of cars waiting to get to a booth that would allow or not allow them to cross the border ( passports required). I assumed someone would be kind and let us through to get into another line to get back home. No, the man who could have done that was giving us the finger and yelling at us and being a real idiot, when the car ahead of him moved he almost smashed into it making sure we didn't get a chance to move... The car behind him kindly allowed us to pass and what we saw was amazing.... the next line was open and empty so of course we were first at the crossing guards booth with the kind man behind us with all others behind him following. The man who was so concerned that we not cross in front of him was about ten cars back on the line to our left and had not noticed the other booth opened because he was making sure we saw his finger... We laughed all the way home. He never did catch up with us on the QEW (our interstate), I would remember his white station wagon. If Karma was truly at work yesterday maybe the crossing guard sent him to have his car searched.... We didn't look back. The photo was taken on my iPad yesterday.
It is always great when things work out. My husband had to stop suddenly on his motorbike as a woman drove through a stop sign. She was texting and didn't see the stop sign or my husband in the intersection. And until he put on the siren she hadnt seen the police car either.
Love it... karma can be a ....
@msiduri (5732)
@PainsOnSlate A netbuddy of mine is fond of saying karma is a ... only if you are.
@msiduri exactly, i say that too....
Love that picturesque photo. Thanks for sharing it.
Your welcome, the colors here are pretty nice too .
There are some beautiful rich colours here in your picture. People get weird near the border crossings, I've noticed that before, its like they all have something to hide and are nervous or something. Looks good on him that he missed the opening at the other lane though! ha
We were a few weeks late to see most of the color but I did see some fabulous colours still hanging on... most people I see at the border are laid back and experienced in hurry up and wait...this guy was over the wall...
@Fleura (7426)
I would love to believe in karma, as I'm sure many people would. Specifically it would be wonderful to think that all those nasty people in the world would get their comeuppance in the end. Sadly this is not the case.
But in its own way, Karma can do that and I like you hope all who are nasty get what is coming to them.... in the end if not right now.
@Fleura (7426)
@PainsOnSlate That's why the idea of Hell is so appealing, it would be filled with members of Islamic State for starters.
@msiduri (5732)
Nice colors—they type we don't get in California and ones I miss from when I lived in upstate New York. It's satisfying to see a jerk being the cause of his own frustration. And nice when someone is kind to us for no other reason than being kind.
I so agree with you, I grew up in upstate NY, Saratoga County. I missed the colors when we lived for years in Kansas. I'm happy to be back in the north. (until it snows)
@msiduri (5732)
@PainsOnSlate Herkimer County. Right on the Mohawk River.
@msiduri Cool. When we lived in Schenectady we had a garden on land right next to the Mohawk (Land owned by an old farmer friend.) We moved to Saratoga County when I was young and the Mohawk was just down the road, often visited to walk the Erie Canal trail.
@sallypup (30136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm guessing the jerk will never learn. Your photo is lovely.
I think that is the way it goes. The jerks do not learn! But it is nice to get that little moment of satisfaction.
An Angry man can't be a happy one, I feel sorry for the woman sitting next to him in that station wagon...
@PainsOnSlate Absolutely
• Trinidad And Tobago
Ha ha, it serves him right. that was karma indeed...the instant reaction type. I am glad you didn't have to do anything to him and he got what he deserves. Reminds me of another saying...When you try to spit in the face of God, the spittle falls back on you!
I've never heard the phrase before but i will remember it.
• Trinidad And Tobago
@PainsOnSlate Oh yeah, lots of sayings around. Karma is very well known here...we constantly remind the bad guy to watch out for it.
@Shellyann36 (11257)
The scenic drive is great! I love it when Karma happens.
Me too, its like a gift form the spirits...
@Shellyann36 (11257)
@PainsOnSlate It is most certainly a very nice gift indeed!
• Walnut Creek, California
It's nice to see karma at work, though I try not to be bitter toward jerks. Still, I was hoping he'd get into a fender bender. I admit it.
Thanks for the laugh, jerks are all around us, we see them every day. I don't get to see karma everyday but would love too...
• Walnut Creek, California
@PainsOnSlate I try to "defeat" them by not letting them get to me.
I really hate jerks like that and I as I always say, Karma is a beach!!
That is my thought too...nasty people should have a nice talk to Karma...
@PainsOnSlate It just is nice to actually see them get what they have coming and most times we don't get that pleasure. lol
@salonga (27956)
I could not stop hating that bad man but I'm so glad you had the last laugh. For sure he is bound to have more karma unless he changed his bad ways.
I so agree with you, he was nasty, angry and I'm sure Karma is following him around.
@salonga (27956)
@PainsOnSlate For sure if he does not mend his rude ways.
gigglin'! don't reckon i've'd the chance to see karma'n action fer quite some years. if'n i recall correctly t'was the ex son-in-law who received such. ya know, coz gals're dumb? he t'was helpin' the hubs load the truck fer 'em to go huntin' 'n i'd told him to be wary 'f the bungee cords securin' their schtuff. he smirked'n told me he knew what the heck he t'was doin'. he'd no sooner uttered those words when said bungee cord snapped'n popped him right'n the eye. beautiful photo! i'd so love to go'n behold such a view!
That color will be gone soon. Here at home its been windy and rainy, my whole yard is about a foot deep in leaves now. Love your Karma story. I like that he is the ex...
@PainsOnSlate yes ma'am, that palette sure don't hang 'round near's long's we'd like, eh? 'round here ('p north, where the aspens live) ya got 'bout a week window 'fore all 'tis barren fer winters slumber. thanks :) i tried to prevent said marriage, knew he t'weren't no good. would'a saved the daughter lots'f heartache....mentally'n physically.
He did get what he deserved for being such a jerk. Does make one smile.
You can bet we were smiling... it made me laugh out loud...
love the photo there.Remind me of NH.
Glad you like it. Thank you.
@PainsOnSlate I liked it a lot.
I'll bet he got more of what he deserved. That is so beautiful, I can see why you live in Canada.
The photo was taken in New York. Although we have nice colors too...I hope karma follows the guy for a long time...
You know that guy will get his due in due time @PainsOnSlate it's always that way even when the karma is good.
@4mymak (1796)
That is a very beautiful picture you took... My guess is the grumpy man who showed you the finger must have thought that you just wanted to get ahead of him without queuing like everyone else. Bad traffic and long queues really bring out the worst in people.. Not just the ones who already queuing up. But there ARE also people who just plain rude and selfish, and just do not care to queue like everyone else - this happens a lot in my country, unfortunately. But I do believe that God is fair.. Karma is proof of that...
I think you are right, it looked like we wanted to sneak in but that isn't what we were looking for and the guy behind the angry one gave us a break so we could move and it helped him and all the ones behind because we discovered the next line was empty and open It was great fun knowing the angry guy was far behind us...
@katsmeow1213 (29043)
I cannot fathom why we're all in such a hurry as to not let someone cut in line in front of us. I've seen things like this, where people practically cause accidents because they're in such a hurry... but we're all in the same hurry and none of us are moving anyway!! Have a tiny bit of patience and perhaps a bit of kindness and in the end we'll all get where we want to go.
I don't think it had anything to do with time. Anyone crossing a border knows it can be fast or it can be slow. I know I plan on a long wait every time just be be greatful for a fast corssing when it happens. I think this man is just an angry man which makes him an ungly man. I felt sorry for the woman sitting next to him having to put up with that idiot.
@mom210 (6866)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hate to say it, but yes I do love seeing the pay back. Glad he got his too.
It put a smile on my face...
That is true karma! Lol!
It made my day!
@cyberrat (203)
• Portsmouth, Ohio
Karma is awesome
Yes it is!