Favorite Television Doctors # 3

@Dena91 (4631)
Coming in at my number 3 favorite television doctor is Alan Alda who portrayed Captain Hawkeye Pierce on MASH. It aired from 1972-1983. It took place during the Korean war. He is the only cast member to be in every single episode. He was a funny doctor, trying to keep things light for him and his fellow soldiers. The episodes I liked him best in is when he would write letters home to his father, talking about his days there. Coming from a military family, writing and receiving letters, I understood the importance of this seemingly lost art today. He won numerous awards for his character portrayal and wrote several episodes including the shows finale.
I was never a fan of MASH so Hawkeye doesn't make the cut for me.
@Dena91 (4631)
I didn't get into it until I was older. Of all the doctor's on the show, he was my favorite. He maybe wouldn't be my favorite character of the show, but of the doctors yes. That's that wonderful thing about lists, we all have some similar tastes and others not so much.
He was so good in that role and he's such a great actor.
@CinnamonGrl (6064)
• Paradise, California
Hawkeye was so witty and awesome. I liked the "letters" episodes, too. I hated when that series ended.
@LoriAMoore (4679)
He was a good actor/good show. I liked MASH.
MASH was a well-loved show for so many. Alda was great in that show.
I never watched Mash but have come to like it in the reruns
@egdcltd (6972)
MASH is one of only two medical programmes I've ever watched (I'm not not fond of medical drama), so he would be in my list.