Cataract Surgery

@stealthy (8188)
I had cataract surgery on one eye yesterday and will have the other done in about 2 weeks. I have to put eye drops in often for a long time. However, I am already seeing an improvement in my vision in the eye I had the surgery on.
I have to go thu this and it scares me ddoes it hurt I d o need to gety that cataract off my left e ye the other one I think is not ready yet but everyone tells me its niot painful Im a big sisdsy
@stealthy (8188)
It was not really painful. Some of the eye drops stung. Also, the eye drops to counter infection that you start the day before and continue for several weeks can be irritating. My doctor used only a local anesthetic and that worked fine for me. I think some do more but I don't think it is necessary. I was a little nervous about it but I tend to be pretty brave about such things. I had already had Lasik 15 years ago which was not hard to go through but it does complicate having cataract surgery.
It doesn't hurt.
@stealthy (8188)
@marlina There was some discomfort. Some of the drops preceding the surgery did sting quite a bit. In my case they mainly used a local although a drip line was hooked up to a vein. I have a relative to had it done in another state and I think they were put under full anesthesia. There was a problem of some sort and they had bruising on the face when they woke up.
Welcome to the club. I had my first surgery 4 weeks ago and the last one 2 weeks ago. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow to see if everything is okay. Then I will order my glasses in another week. Still doing the drops and hate every minute of it.
@stealthy (8188)
Yes, the drops are a nuisance. I'm hoping I won't need new glasses. The eye that was done 2 days ago has greatly improved vision.
@ms1864 (6995)
• Bangalore, India
you had an eye surgery and you are straining your eyes on a computer screen?
@stealthy (8188)
It feels like less of a strain than before the surgery.
My grandmother said when she had the surgery it was like night and day.