My Ten Favorite Woman Songs: Sweet City Woman (#8)

@FourWalls (12915)
Three weeks or so ago @teamfreak16 started a series of discussions on "girl" songs, or songs with "girl" (or some variation) in the title. I picked that up, and we counted down ten favorite "girl" songs...then moved on to "boy" songs! Now I'm on the "woman" songs. Here's the next one. #8: Sweet City Woman - Stampeders The one big hit by the Canadian trio the Stampeders (Canada sure gives us a lot of trio bands, don't they? ), but not their only US hit ("Hit the Road, Jack" hit the top 40, just barely, in 1975), "Sweet City Woman" was a really cool, genre-mixing song. It had the harmonies of a bluegrass act (not to mention the banjo) but a decidedly rock beat and feel. And it's just a fun, fun song....not to mention one of the few times you're ever going to here macaroons mentioned in a song! Sweet City Woman Written by Rich Dodson Recorded by the Stampeders From Against the Grain, 1971 Love and tenderness and macaroons!
Note: Click "Show More" for lyrics. Sweet City Woman is a 1971 song by Canadian rock band The Stampeders. The song appeared on their debut album Against the ...
@FayeHazel (16539)
Thanks for sharing, I like the song, hadn't heard it in a long time. Didn't realize thier guitarist had a double neck, like Jimmy Page did
I do like that song "Sweet City Woman".
I had forgotten all about this song, but as soon as I saw the title I heard the intro riff going through my head
Good choice. I remember it from back in the day.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I remember that one. It was...bouncy.
Dig those crazy outfits. It's a bit reminiscent of Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime with the banjo.