Abby, where were you?

Someone asked where I was yesterday...I'll tell you. I called my 'computer guy' Monday and his (new) wife (business partner) called me back a few hours later to tell me he is trying to figure out when he could get here since we are an hour from him. She 'promised' she would call back that day. No call Monday or Tuesday and there I sat with my new computer trying to figure things out. So, I did what others suggested and tried to move the stuff from old to new computer by myself. After three hours of total frustration I took a break to look at the mail. In the mail was our new phone book. The joke of this phone book is that at best it is about 1/8th of an inch thick, if that and it is big print to boot. I checked out 'computer services' and found a guy who makes house calls and he's in the area. I called, left a message and he returned the call in ten minutes. guess what, he's coming today at ten am. I know when it's time for me to turn thing over the the 'pro' and this was the time. I didn't want to get to the point of calling my new computer nasty names LOL. I did manage to get Office up and running and I have figured out that Windows 10 isn't as scary as I thought it would be. So that is where Abby has been and probably will be most of the day. Hopefully I'll be back to 'normal' tomorrow. Have a good day everyone. Photo: pixabay.com/en/arrow-questions-who-what-how-why-1538712/
No, Windows 10 is not scary at all for "non" computer experts. It's when you check all the security policies that you get scared, but I know you will never do.
What do you mean?
@AbbyGreenhill I mean the things that Windows 10 will share with Microsoft and that "could" be transmitted to other countries. Those "policies" are automatically enabled in Windows 10, unless you spend hours going through DOS commands to find how to change them. My husband does this for his professional clients, but no normal user will ever check this.
@AbbyGreenhill If you just want to have an idea, read this. But skip, if you are happy with Windows and you do not care about security and privacy.
Windows 10 has some handy new features, but if you believe the rest of the internet, it also comes with features that eviscerate any semblance of privacy. But that view is a little overblown. Let’s take a closer look at what each of these settings actually
Hi Abby...glad to hear that you got a computer guy coming today. He will have you all set up and ready to go in no time. See you when you up and running!
Thanks, Can't wait to use the new one since all the keys work, unlike this one
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you've got someone in without having to wait for too long... now... hope tge changeover goes smoothly...
He was here three hours - he fixed some issues on my tablet too. I would recommend highly.
Some things are better left to the professionals. Loll. Thank God my father is a computer expert!
I wish my husband was a computer person - wait , no I don't wish that LOL.
@AbbyGreenhill Lol My husband is awful with computers, I am better with them than he is. My dad is good with them though.
@LovingMyBabies Many years ago I taught my father and he wound up being very good but hes gone now.
That was a well spent day. I want a new computer soon.
I needed one, this one is about 5 and with so many keys not working and the price I got on the new one I couldn't pass it up.
@AbbyGreenhill That is good I think. I will be getting one if this machine keeps acting up.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I have a guitar playing buddy who also happens to be a computer expert. I'd be lost without him.
I hope he gives you free advice LOL ... the guy was here three hours it wasn't cheap but at least I didn't mess things up.
@LeaPea2417 (15448)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Thank goodness there are Computer Professionals to turn to when we can not figure something out.
This was way way beyond my skills. The guy was here three hours, he even fixed a problem on my tablet.
I hope the new guy knows his stuff and can help you. Good luck.
• Denmark
Now you must cancel the other man's visit or you'll have two computer experts at home.
There was no scheduled visit - they never called back to set up a visit - that' why I found someone else.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Sounds frustrating.
lol, 10 has some oddities, but I liked it better than say Vista, vista was aweful
Good luck there.
@Asylum (47340)
• Manchester, England
Oh naughty Abby going AWOL. It must be really frustrating to wait for someone to turn up and sort out the computer, especially at the prices that many of them charge. I am glad that I never have such problems.